Championship Manager 4

I suppose there's a reason for the option being in the game, but it's only caused havoc for me, so I'm done with it. I've managed to be successful enough without it, a good benching does the job for me.

sol83 said:
man mark any hot strikers. if your team is crap, play long ball, if its good play short passing. use scouts cleverly by selecting not counrties but regions (why sweden when you can get scandinavia for example). always look for potentialy good young players. they cost nothing and they might turn into the next superstar.

and something very important regarding money. the only thing that can fuck your team financialy are wages. dont overpay players, you'll see your balance getting lower and lower every month. its not like the transfer money when you see right there how much you're paying and you can easily do the math. wages are very fuckin tricky. (well ok, if you're man utd you hardly care about that since you have a shitload of cash.) also, if someone is over 32-33 lets say sell him fast cos he wont worth shit when his 35 (well, if his dead good keep him.) always invest on the talents. its cheap and it lasts long.

by the way dunc, whats your situation (club, year and that)? are you doing good?

Im Everton and its 2005 now. I had to let loads of players contracts run out but I signed a few decent South Americans and Mexicans on the cheap ;)
I avoided relegation in two seasons but now Im 3rd in the league and scoring loads. Got Brian Kerr from Newcastle in midfield, Jesus Arrelano from Monterrey on the wing or up front. Cant find Bobo Balde tho :( I want him alongside Yobo at the back

Allan said:
How's Gravesen doing? I always wanted to play him in CM, but his stats rarely merit the price tag, so I haven't.

His form is on and off, just like real life. Barcelona are trying to buy him off me on the cheap but I wont let him go for less than 5 million. Duncan Ferguson is eating up the clubs wage structure and nobody wants him. I offered him to Rangers for free and they said no :(

Check out Anatoli Todorov, he should be ace in 2005, and if your lucky he's still at that Bulgarian club. Loads of quality Bulgarians in that game for some reason, Kotev on defense too. Influential Bulgarian researcher probably.

Mariner said:
tools has better tips i reckon.
couldnt have said it better my son :Spin: just found out about this tread actually :oops: so all has been said my wisdom spread :D excellent, so what are the odds? i'm not yet really into 4, 3.69 just owns, especially the dbase :) how do u like teh top view? its useless if u ask me, its too slow at times and doesnt really add more joy to the game :erk:

playing the game, i just won everything (def. 2 cups a year, all years the Crown 'cept for the 1st year and twice the Ch. Lge) with Liverpool. under the managing name "the Mighty Tools" i'm a top notch cunt on the worldwide appreciation list "Superb" :D was sick of Pool in 2004, so i quit and took over Port Vale 2nd div., reformed the team within the year with merely free players or cheapo bought players who wanted to suck me off cos of my reputation hehe :D

1st Div with Vale now, 2nd year reinforced the team every moment i could so i'm in the promotional zone, looking good. i want the double next year :loco: and everywhere i manage, i double the budget and sell as much players as i buy (thru exchange as well, very clever moneymaking), but sell them overhaul for 2ce as much.

and it came in handy having worked with players at Melwood and them try to lure them to Vale Park :heh:

youre all sad bastards
i play a WW2 flight sim, now theres a PROPER career game. im flying for the finns at the moment in a little brewster buffalo, most kills in the squadron with a few medals and all, hacking them little russkie i-16s out of the sky. But i cant wait for the squadron to upgrade to the Me bf109 and we can really start chewing up them red bastids.
:kickass:

8.jpg

flight sims are the most relaxing thing ever, you tense up, you dieeee homie :ill:

now, call of duty multiplayer is great for taking out frustation
or load up a village full of civvies in Operation: flashpoint and snipe all the punters as they're going about their daily business :heh:

Allan said:
Civilisation is the most relaxing game ever.
ah balls to that, if youre gonna play those games get the total war series , at least you get to build your civilisation through war and pilliage :kickass:

I used to wake up in the early hours of the morning and find me bro had snuck into the room to play MORE civ on my pc. git. the longest journey was a good non-violent game if your some kinda non-violent hippy, not many people remember it tho

there was some playstaion game where you're a beach ball on this path suspended in the sky, that was relaxing sorta, nice music and all that

sol83 said:
man mark any hot strikers.
but id say not to manmark with yer central defenders, so they keep it organised on the defensive end. use a defensive midfielder that wont be beaten easily on pace.

toolsofthetrade said:
how do u like teh top view? its useless if u ask me, its too slow at times and doesnt really add more joy to the game :erk:
its fun i guess. and you can see whats going wrong eventually i guess. and it gives you time to think about what to do :lol:

thanks to you ill start playing the game again dunc! ;) thinking of starting out with saint etienne and getting them to the top again. or fiorentina perhaps :D

Bambi said:
the longest journey was a good non-violent game if your some kinda non-violent hippy, not many people remember it tho
veni , vidi, vici. :D

i like more funny adventures tho like the monkey island ones.
and broken sword 3 is out for a long time already. but my system is just a tad too slow :cry:

so about cm4.

i started a new game with gent. lost from bologna on away goals in the inter toto (3-3)(thats no shame as they are lots and lots better) now the competition started and i bought some promising players. they are not that good yet but good enough to fit into 'aa gent' heh. theyll improve for sure. so i hope ill have a nice balanced team to play in the CL with the next season. first game was a 3-0 victory over antwerp :D

go-ed buffalo!