any no-holds-barred fighting fans?

Ah, boxing. lol Two tree trunks hitting each other in the head. Those guys are quite thick. I was just reading all these comments on karate and boxing and Judo. I think I'd like to take Judo because of the results to your mind and body. Not to mention the self defensive skills you learn. But, back to the tree trunks. Anyone ever see that Tough Guy Competition? There's some thick bastards on that!

LYNN

Originally posted by Johan
I wouldn't call karate a fighting sport, I would call it a sports of self defense.
When you compete in karate you're not out to beat the crap out of your opponent, are you?
Ultimate fighting and boxing and anything like that is what I am talking about.

In some tournaments you are most definately out to beat the crap out of your opponents. Some styles (e.g. Kyokushin) have full contact tournaments where to win you have to knock your opponent down. They use lots of leg kicks (owwww). Even under the international rules, it's by no means friendly fighting ... I've seen many the broken nose/rib/toe ... lol ... I actually broke my little toe fighting in a tournament. Anywayz ... karate is a fighting sport ... just trying to enlighten you that it's not all mindless fighting though ...

Peace out ...

Ah, thanks for enlightening me. I will put those forms of karate with the UF and boxing crap then ;)

I'm just too much of a pacifist to be able to accept such "sports".