Any Britney Spears or NsYnc fans? Serious question

foxdvd

Coolest Opeth Fan
Jul 17, 2001
USA
Ok, let me say from the start that I am NOT a fan of These two. My real direction with this thread is to see if there are any real fans of Britney Spears or any other manufactured singer/group? If so, are you brave enough to admit it on an Opeth board?

I doubt if there is anyone here that would admit to it in all seriousness, but it would be neat to know if anyone who appreciates artistic mastery like Opeth, but also enjoys music like Britney.

So anyone brave enough to commit respect-suicide?

Just to get the blood going on this thread..

Attachments

• sexypepsi.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 264
Hmmm... nope, i can't think of any such bands that I like. But I do listen to other styles than metal (Metal is #1 though).

I never listen to Spears or NSync, but as I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm a big fan of Celine Dion. Is that respect-suicidal enough for you, Foxdvd? :)

hahaha...yeah right...
Well I would let Britney give me head, but I think shooting her in between the eyes would be more enjoyable.

Nope, can't stand anything that teeny-bopper. The most commercial music I like still falls within the realm of pop/rock, bands like Fastball, The Matthew Good Band, etc. And the Beatles rule, dammit!

Incidentally, I don't particularily "like" Celine Dion, per se (I don't listen to her intentionally, but it doesn't kill me like Papa Roach or Puff Daddy) but I generally do concede she's one of the most amazing vocalists in the world.

Heheh... incidentally, did anyone ever hear that bit (I think it was Conan O'Brien) of what every Puff Daddy songs sounds like if you remove the other (c)rap "artists", the background vocalists, and the sampled music? It sounds like this:

"Uh huh.................................. yeah..................................
That's right.................................yeah.................................
Uh huh................................... yeah .................................."

for four fucking minutes!

See, the whole thing with N'sync is, thier songs suck, but if you have to listen to them for a long period of time, they get stuck in your head. Believe me, I work at a store that is always playing Backstreet or N'sync and that shit is catchy as hell. It drives me insane.

Originally posted by Xtokalon

Indeed, Hoser, but not (just refineing my basic sentiment and clarifying it here) as a bifurcation, or as an either/or event. But as an enumeration of the multipliciy of things that constitute human enjoyment. This means that in my sentiment I am actually against the sharp bifurcation of these things that then polarizes things into absolute negative/positive values, which some people tend to do.

*Silhouette gets out his dictionary* :confused: :D

Heh, my PRIMARY problem with Britney Whores and N'Stync (yes, yes).. is that the people who listen to it are CONVINCED that it's "good" music. or even "music." I feel nothing but sorrow and remorse for the people lost to this commercial system. Do I like Christina Aguilera (sp? I don't give a shit ;)) because like coke? Do I hate Britney (yes.) because I don't drink pepsi?

It's all so sad, when artists like Opeth, etc, are working hard, producing QUALITYY material bled from their soul, while pop-sluts and players can strut around while assistants make sure their split ends aren't showing, as they read the next set of lolita-like-seduction songs written by 45 year old executives, who clearly just want Britney to "oops" them.

Bah. Gimme a bell-tower and a gun. We'll see what music is like tomorrow.

I'm also a little bitter towards it because a good friend of mine started attending nightclubs, and now likes some Shaggy songs, some Backstreet Boys, etc etc.. What a loss.

I must say, though, that in an odd sort of way Max Martin is my hero (you may never of heard of him, he writes a lot of the songs for Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc.) I mean, if you think about it, this guy can sit back, follow a few formulas he's figured out, knock off one of these cheesy pop songs in about 15 minutes, then sit back and collect the royalities and live wealthily and in obscurity. Talk about finding a niche and utilizing the silly tastes of the masses to your benefit... smart guy.

I wouldn't exactly call Mr. Max smart....greedy son of a bitch suits him more....there are about a million people who are more than capable of doing what he does, but not too many do...Mikael could do it 10 times better, but than again Mikael isn't a greedy son of a bitch....it's an issue of one's morality..

The difference between good metal and pop rock in my eyes is simple - bands like Opeth are in it for the love of their music. They seem to truly believe in the what they are portraying to the listener. It isn't about "the show", or "the looks", it's about the music.

Hey, why shouldn't N'Sync and Brittany "sell-out" to the mainstream and make a ton of dough. Good for them. As I said before, I took my daughter to Ricky Martin. The truth is, it was a good "show". I wouldn't expect that from Opeth, or most of the other metal bands - showmanship isn't at the top or their lists.

When Metallica went towards the mainstream, I really thought they had something in the Black album. It was heavy, and quite good, but they ended up like the rest of the mainstream acts - the music in their hearts were gone, and they were making music to what they believed people wanted to hear.

Titney Spheres - when it comes to music, this chick has great tits.

It's not really music, but I can't find any appropriate word for it.

I think that some bands are commercially successfull while still being "in love with their music". Like NIN 4 example, they are sell lots of records, but still manage (i think) 2 write good songs. The only problem when that happens is staying both successfull and not losing your credability (which I also think NIN have managed :) )

That really has fuck all 2 do with the fact that Britney PSears is shit tho!