Changing my main monitors [Adam A8X], need urgent advice!

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Hey fellas!

I moved to my new studio, and my control room is not very big 4x2.6 and I feel my Adam A8x (9" woofer) are oversized for the room. I have 1000€ to spend in some 6.5 woofer, I need similar quality as Adams....what would you buy?? Thanks!!

If you like the Adams why not the A7X? Maybe some Focal CMS or Dynaudio would be some other options around that price

^Yep.

As you know from working with Adams - they translate amazingly, so I'd be super wary of moving away from that brand now. I'm on A8Xs too by the way, so I know! I'd probably go to A5Xs and then check the lowend on cans. I'd assume the A5Xs will have insanely detailed mids so it might work out nicely.

Hey fellas!

I moved to my new studio, and my control room is not very big 4x2.6 and I feel my Adam A8x (9" woofer) are oversized for the room. I have 1000€ to spend in some 6.5 woofer, I need similar quality as Adams....what would you buy?? Thanks!!

why do you feel they're oversized?

why do you feel they're oversized?
I feel the bass is over represented, I have superchunks in every corner of the room as well as five broadband absorvers, one in front of the sweetsport, two more on the sides, one on my back and one more in the ceiling, so I guess it´s not a problem of the room...
I have always problem with a lack of low end in my mixes, I think my mix is solid and well balanced, then I play a devil driver song and I realize I have to re-mix...