New monitors Adam A7x or A8x ?

I've been planning in dumping my BX8As for a pair of Yamaha HS80s but Burny's post completely changed my mind.
My studio turns me on more than boobs.

All I know is that don't want to go all chinese again though so Adam is pretty much the only option for me.
I don't care how currently popular the Yamaha HS series are for example, they are still standard cheap chinese monitors painted like ns-10's,
using more or less same components as my Bx8 and numerous brands in the same price range, believe it or not.
And by saying this, I am not saying that they suck, just that they are too similar to my Bx8's.
I am well aware of this x series noisy ports recurring problem but I'm willing to take the risk. I could always send them back if I have to.

Have you actually sat down with the HS's and worked on them or is that based on hearsay on gut feeling? Not trying to be a prick here, but having worked on both the HS80's and A7's I find it a bit strange to base your opinion on such factors.

Have you actually sat down with the HS's and worked on them or is that based on hearsay on gut feeling? Not trying to be a prick here, but having worked on both the HS80's and A7's I find it a bit strange to base your opinion on such factors.
Sorry for the slightly offtopic question, but what do you think of the HS50m (I am buying my first pair of monitors and I am considering those among others)

Again, I'm not dissing the hs80.
I tried them in person and although it was under less than ideal circumstances, I liked them alright. The problem couldn't really tell if they were bringing a lot more informations than my monitors already do.
And let's be honest, they are almost the same design, they have the same correction switches, same baffle material, same port, same weight...
Sure, the specs are slightly different and the yamaha's are more recent but
all I know is that I want is something radically different to complement rather than replace my old monitors.
Adam's are different. Front ported bass reflex, ribbon tweeter, you name it...
Not the same design.
The way I see it, it's like upgrading your computer. You want the change to be obvious.

Where are the Adam A series made? I haven't found it anywhere.
They're assembled in germany. Of course, it doesn't mean anything regarding the components but still
a8xa.jpg