Charlie Benante/Anthrax Appreciation Thread

I Don't Die

Soldier Of Metal
Apr 4, 2004
Orange, Australia
Charlie had got to be the best drummer The Metal World, No the Whole World has ever seen. with out a doubt.

And he gets better as they go on to. When i first heard Among The Living i never thought he'd be able to top it. But Just listen to WCFYA 17 years later!!!. They have never brought out a bad or even half decent album every one had been Off The Scale

20 YEARS AND STILL FUCKING RIPPIN IT UP!!!!!

THANK GOD FOR ANTHRAX!!!!!!

I noticed that Charlie actually throws more double bass into the live versions on MoMD than the studio versions. Only has a quick double bass part that is fast as hell that he just throws in there for a little fun......

The dude is a badass.

I Don't Die said:
Charlie had got to be the best drummer The Metal World, No the Whole World has ever seen. with out a doubt.

And he gets better as they go on to. When i first heard Among The Living i never thought he'd be able to top it. But Just listen to WCFYA 17 years later!!!. They have never brought out a bad or even half decent album every one had been Off The Scale

20 YEARS AND STILL FUCKING RIPPIN IT UP!!!!!

THANK GOD FOR ANTHRAX!!!!!!

Deffiantly the best drummer ive ever heard and the best looking :loco:

I agree jdelpi, I was going to mention that but figured not.

I have watched Rush in Rio atleast 10 times. It rules. MoMD should have the hyper-angle just on Charlie, like Rush has for Neil. I would love to see Charlie playing Nobody Knows or What Doesn't Die from an angle behind his drum kit.

The footage of Neil warming up before the show is my favorite part of that disc.

I think I am going to go have some soup.