Anthrax vs. Pantera...

one thing Pantera rules over Trax is bringin out homevideos!!!!!
No one can do it better!!!!
Pantera only has 2 great album , Vulgar and Cowboys!!!(and the live one!!!!!!!
Anthrax every album rules, Joey and John era!!!!!!!!

Hey nafnikufesin, we're not talking about Superjoint Ritual here, we're talking about Pantera, try and keep up. How would you rate these lyrics-"Give me the lane I'm gonna play it my way-when I want to-Charged by the pain-I'm gonna scream out my name if I want to" sounds like it was written by that same twelve year old. Or better yet, "Live it, be it, hold it, touch it- Kick it, beat it, love it, suck it." Sounds like Bush/Ian have issues. John Bush sucks, he so fuckin' bland and boring. He has no personality. Joey Belladonna smokes him and the numbers show that. Since Bush joined the band they forgot how to write good songs. What happenend to all the memorable riffs and chorus? Also, who rates Halford, Tate and Dickinson so high? Whats so good about them? It seems like people like you guys were forced fed that bullshit for so long in Metal Maniacs that you actually believe it.

Man, you are the biggest waste of space I ever did see, Keep! Don't even compare Superjoint and Pantera lyrics to Anthrax's, you will get burned. Phil writes about the same crap, weed, alcohol, being tough...blah, blah, blah. Pantera is one-dimentional and have made the same album since "Vulgar Display Of Power". The only thing "The Great Southern Treadkill" has going for it is that it's brutal beyond belief. Half the songs are just noise. Until Pantera grows musically, they will forever follow in Anthrax's trails in the world of metal. Two bands, one has grown, one is still the same! That's why Phil and Rex should go with Down full time, with Phil doing Superjoint on the side. Down, on the other hand, already has progressed between two albums. I say, Phil and Rex are SMART for staying away from Pantera.

Anthrax in the 80's and their lame gimmicks- Not Man, Mosh, taking the NYHC logo for Anthrax t-shirts, Schism, Public Enemy, Skateboards, no frills t-shirt. It was the same type of shit in the 90's and today...

please see avatar, i thought it was pretty fucking cool, myself

Originally posted by Keep
we're not talking about Superjoint Ritual here, we're talking about Pantera
Same shit, different pile.

As for the numbers, it's apples and oranges. Metal has changed, there are no metal bands that sold numbers in the 90's like they did in the 80's (and don't try and say Metallica, because they haven't played any metal in the 90's). Despite that, SOWN sold just as well if not better than many of their previous releases.

And Belladonna vs Bush? That's been done to death in a million other threads on this board, I'm not going to repeat myself again. You've got your opinion, but that doesn't mean it's any more right or or more important than anyone else's. On the other hand, that you have to insult people in order to state your opinion does show me that there's another 12-year-old on the board that I should put on my ignore list.

Best metal vocalist right now - Matthew Barlow from Iced Earth : power, aggression, tone, depth, range... he has it all.

Bush is a great metal singer - technically, not a great voice I agree, but with the bands he's played you can't imagine a better singer.

Anselmo - I'm maintaining my opinion that CFH and Vulgar are the only listenable Pantera albums from beginning to end.

this thread could go on forever lol,i may as well add to it,my fave pantera album is far beyond driven followed by gstk.

far beyond driven is possibly the best metal record period,to me anyway,its abrasive,lotsa crunch crunch crunch lol,has plenty of solos and just rips me apart everytime i listen to it,it also came at an important time too,they put metal back on the map.

Far Beyond Driven was written in such a short time span, and suffers greatly both in the album's cohesion and songwriting in general. The song 25 Years has a great intro riff that I imagine was going to become the song's frame, and then it goes into 5 minutes of garbage. The Black Sabbath cover was filler. And what was Good Friends and A Bottle Of Pills? Pure crap. This coming from a huge Pantera fan.

However, the album contains some of my favorite Pantera songs such as Shedding Skin, Slaughtered and I'm Broken.

Just don't call Far Beyond Driven your favorite album because of 2 classic songs. Orion did not make Master Of Puppets, it was merely icing on the cake that was quite evidently already there.

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
On the other hand, that you have to insult people in order to state your opinion does show me that there's another 12-year-old on the board that I should put on my ignore list.

I'd think more of an almost 40-year-old extremely bitter and pathetic fat fuck from NY.

Originally posted by Thraxhead1985
JohnnieCzech, I can name two, they are "Suicide Note Pt. 2" and "Sandblasted Skin." Noise was all Dimebag's guitar was on those songs. Nothing more.

I would get you a guitar and maybe even a tab for this "noise", man, let's try...