Charlie Benante/Anthrax Appreciation Thread

I know a few of you will wanna kick my ass for saying this, but anyone who says charlie benante is the "greatest drummer in the world" doesn't know a whole lot about drumming. I fucking love anthrax and charlie's drumming with a passion but there's better drummers out there. here's a few

1. Mike Portnoy
2. Neil Peart
3. Dave Lombardo
4. Any drummer who ever played with Death
5. Vai's drummer

Charlie has some killer riffs but he does tend to use that basic ac/dc cockrock beat a little too often (anyplace but here) also, Charlie's "solo" wasn't really a solo. The drum riff is badass but he does it over and over for like 2 minutes. one drum riff over and over does not constitute a solo. My dad walked by when i was watching the DVD and thought the cd was skipping. I wish he would have put together a real drum solo cause i bet it would kick serious ass.

I too have seen both live, both in poughkipsee NY, charlie was better, i used to think that dave was faster till i had a chance to see both live and i have to say, i was more impressed with Charlies than i was with Dave's.

Charlie sure has his own style and you always recognize it´s him. He plays some unbelievable stuff on the last two records. Still there sure are drummers who are technically better, I´m talking about fusion drummers especially, like Vinnie Colaiuta, Dennis Chambers or Dave Weckl.
And I once saw some Mike Portnoy´s drum clinic. Man was it BORING. I like him with DT though.