Charlie Benante's Top Albums of 2005 list!

yeah i am surprsied by the killers too, guess from what i've read charlies always been into a lot of different stuff, he defo loves system anyway

but yeah i dont get any of the indie bands around at the moment , far too many of them, all sound and look the same to me ( ie shit)....i must be old.....

jpike said:
For fuck sake what is it about SOAD that people like? I cant figure it out myself. God are they awefull!

Horses for Courses chief. I love em... just different tastes.

Same with me - I can't understand why most kids love this hip hop and RnB stuff.

For what its worth I actually like the Killers a lot. I thought their album was a good throwback to some older british 80s music that I grew up with.

But thats me. I don't just listen to metal non-stop.

I really like the Killers album too. I have the deluxe edition with the three extra tracks. I have no idea if anyone in this band is gay, nor do I care. They rock.

I don't own a single SOAD record. I think they suck.

Other albums that I really liked this year were Audioslave's new one and also LOA's but they kind of dropped off the face of the earth. They have shitty promotions or something, I don't know. I also think they made a mistake when choosing their first single.

Mickenglanduk said:
I like the Kaiser Chiefs and no I have not just left school, I'm 33 soon.

hahaha, why do u think i'd presume you've just left school if yuo like the kaiser chiefs !?! :) i am 30 and a lot of my friends love em.....

but yeah they are exactly the type of band i cant stand right now, and theres so many of them kaiser chiefs, futureheads, the killers, the bravery, maximo park, bloc party , franz bloody ferdinand etc etc etc all come out of nowhere in the space of a year

i dont get any of it, esp when they hype these guys up as some sort of rock loonies.......ummmmmm

sigh the new wave of british guff ( i know some of the above are american)

lokey said:
hahaha, why do u think i'd presume you've just left school if yuo like the kaiser chiefs !?! :) i am 30 and a lot of my friends love em.....

but yeah they are exactly the type of band i cant stand right now, and theres so many of them kaiser chiefs, futureheads, the killers, the bravery, maximo park, bloc party , franz bloody ferdinand etc etc etc all come out of nowhere in the space of a year

i dont get any of it, esp when they hype these guys up as some sort of rock loonies.......ummmmmm

The good news is that they will all dissapear in the space of a year too, when the next trend emerges. "easy come, easy go..."

yeah its true.......probably two or so years...the darkness seem to be clinging on with their huge foreheads, their time was up aaaaaaages ago....... the clock keeps ticking.........

cock party, franzcockinhand, blow patrol, razorshite, the sheizechiefs...aaa you can tell im still at school lol!

lokey said:

Have you heard Bullet For My Valentine? What do you think of them? I like the album, even if it sounds a bit calculated. You can hear a ton of Metallica and Pantera ripoffs in the songs. Kinda reminds me of Trivium with better songs.

aliasp said:
Horses for Courses chief. I love em... just different tastes.

Same with me - I can't understand why most kids love this hip hop and RnB stuff.

For what its worth I actually like the Killers a lot. I thought their album was a good throwback to some older british 80s music that I grew up with.

But thats me. I don't just listen to metal non-stop.

I am not strictly Metal either (although that is my number one preferance). I like Metallica for example (he he...)

Seriously, I enjoy other music such as Midnight Oil, Spin Doctors, Crowded House, Cold Chisel, Beatles ........ and some others.

I think you will find some classical stuff in my collection as well.

I don't like the killers but it is very cool to see Metal musicians that are into alot of different music styles. I think it shows when they play, that they are more rounded and more creative.

DumbAss said:
I don't like the killers but it is very cool to see Metal musicians that are into alot of different music styles. I think it shows when they play, that they are more rounded and more creative.

I agree. Just imagine some one listens to the same stuff everyday, when they write a new song it will sound like the last one.

How stupid would that be.:dopey:

ThraxSA said:
I am not strictly Metal either (although that is my number one preferance). I like Metallica for example (he he...)

Seriously, I enjoy other music such as Midnight Oil, Spin Doctors, Crowded House, Cold Chisel, Beatles ........ and some others.

I think you will find some classical stuff in my collection as well.

The Oils and Chisel :) ... of course the Fab four are the KINGS.

One thing I find is this most contemporary music for me that I like is usually a chord or two and 1 distortion pedal away from being heavier. I was talking to my guitar teacher about this saying that I tend to gravitate towards contemporary music that I can pick up similar sounds to those from the metal acts I like... in that their tone of the song.

Make sense?
No.

Hence why I like some of the older Duran Duran stuff - some of their music is actually quite moodier in tone than some of their well known hits.

Music is dependent on your taste. I grew outta the METAL or Nothing faze when I was around 19 years old. Otherwise it would be like eating the same food everyday when you have a world full of cuisine out there. :headbang: