cheap interface for vocal demos?

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
hey folks,

my singer would like to buy a cheap interface to track scratch vocal demos at her place.....superb audio quality is not necessary, it's just for songwriting purposes and throwing ideas back and forth.

i figured that driver stability, build quality, and a reasonable low latency for tracking are the most important points.
i don't have any first hand experience with any low budget interfaces, that's why i'm asking here.

i guess USB would probably be the best idea as long as the latency is workable. pci might also be an option, but i don't know if her pc has any free pci slots.

pricerange....well, 150 euro tops, i'd say.

any ideas? i was thinking of the m-audio fast track series....

thanks!

i'm just looking for something that enables me to record a few tracks of vocals over a pre-recorded backing track (prepro done at my studio), using a sm58.

high track-count performance, sound quality etc does NOT matter.
if she were a guitarist i'd even recommend her a toneport.

Get the Native instruments Session I/O

* rugged construction, small and portable
* USB 2.0 (low latency)
* BUS powered and phantom power
* 24bit/192KHz I/O - Cirrus Logic Converters (these sound fucking awesome I can tell you)

great price online since its going to be discontinued by the new version.

I myself have a usb M-Audio fast track. It was pretty cheap, $119 and I was really surprised by how good it sounds. I got it because my fp10 shitted out on me (imagine that). If you want to hear some samples, I'll pm you some shit I have on dropbox, and I tracked everything through it, guits, bass and vocals.