cheap jackson guitar

Its a good guitar, but certainly not the cheapest Jackson do. This will cost a reasonable amount compared to the X or J series.

Originally posted by Kaomao
Really good thing!!!
Now Jackson has stopped putting shitty pickups on the pro series.
I think that is anice guitar anyway like the SL3

When November came I think that I'll buy it.....
Kaomao if you have an opportunity to buy a mesa recto std cabinet buy it!!

Yea, I bought the recto for only 600 euros, the cab have only 3 month of life...but I'm now in your condition....no money!!!:erk: :erk:

i've had the DKMG and it was one of the crappiest guitars i've ever owned!!
it was impossible to get it in tune, the trem was getting out of tune easier than any vintagetrem (that was due to bad workmanship, the saddle was loose and and you couldn't tighten it without breaking the neck... the bolts the FR is resting on were built in very poorly (not centered at the edge of the trem etc..)

the sound was not better than of a ltd m50 (200€) and all that for the price of 800€.
i love the us made jacksons, but the asian made axes suck major ass!!
(i've owned at least 10 jap and korea jacksons, and they all were crap, at least compared to other guitars in that price range).

Don't get mw wrong, i love jacksons (usa), nor have i anything against asian guitars (i love esp), it's just, that asian jacksons suck!

for that money you could get a used ESP mII DLX for ex. .....you'll be happier with that!!

SL3 and RR5 kick serious ass!
The one you mention are the bottom line! shitty guitars indeed, now the pro series is a little bit better than before.
I think is due to ESP/LTD putting better woods and good pickups on the 400 series and on, so Jackson had to do something if not they would have lost potential buyers in that price range.

I'm a Jackson player from several years now, I have both usa and japan made models and I'm sure that if your DKMG could not stay in tune it must have had some set up problem or maybe you got a bad one....MG series are japan made Jacksons, and the quality of these guitars is very good.

To answer to my fellow world champion friend ( :headbang: ):

I have a DK2M and I find it a very nice guitar, expecially for what you pay for it. Of course it's not like my RR1 or DK1 but it play and sounds great. The neck is a bit beefy but feels smooth and frets are great. So if you need it for some modding I think it's perfect. I hope this helps.
If you need more help ask at the jackson/charvel board, it's a great place.

i've had the rr5, too.
a good guitar indeed, but hey, it's more than 1000€ in that range "good" is the least thing i'm expecting.

it was made very solid, great fretjob, but had some issues with noises from the area between body and bridge, the strings there were resonating pretty much, what made that guitar suck for tight muted stuff.

so again, before i'd spend that much for a rr5 i'd buy a used us-made and would be happier and even save some $ ;).

but 1000 $/€ is a difficult range anyway, it's alot of money but still not enough for the "perfect" guitar (at least with my definition of perfect).
when i spend that much i wouldn't be satisfied with a guitar that's not perfect for me.

i've never played the sl-3, but in that case i assume it's not really worse than tha us-version, it's got the sdame ingredients as the sl-1 and is probably well made (like the rr5), so i'd like to check it out. (i love my sl1).

but here Tachy askes 'bout the 500€ DK2M, and i would always tell "go and buy a used one of 3times the quality for that money", the sl-3 is still some $ away from the DK2M......

Kraid said:
... I'm sure that if your DKMG could not stay in tune it must have had some set up problem or maybe you got a bad one.....

setup is never a problem with my guitars (i used to work as arepairman in a guitarstore and know pretty much how to set it up),
Kraid said:
... or maybe you got a bad one.....

and here is where the problem is.....for 800€ there can't be a "bad one", if so the company is just doing something extremely wrong!
that's the reason i parted with gibsons...

btw the fretjobs etc on the japanese guitars are perfect.
perhaps the wood that make them sound so way worse than esps in the same range?
don't know and don't really care, i've owned about 180 guitars in total (alot of very cheap aria and samick and other crap, of course, up to medallion v's and several customshop jacksons and esps etc (did some good trades)), and i can tell that i'd always find a guitar for the same money, that's better (for me!!) than the jap.jackson equivalent.....

but again: that's just my taste, you should just check it out and see if it suits your needs, guitars are like women and some like blonde and bitchy and some like brunette and calm....

Originally posted by LSD-Studio
the sl-3 is still some $ away from the DK2M......

Yes I Know that...but I'm just curious to play a maple neck with black inlays, the sl-3 will play better, but I have my usa dinky and she play fucking good man!!