Cheaper alternatives to THD Hotplate?

I have the Weber and it works perfectly fine, cheaper and it works pretty well.

Weber Mass Lite.

They have speaker voice coils inside to get the correct inductance and impedance.

I just ordered a MiniMass 50 units - I've heard nothing but great things about the Weber Attenuators and only needed one for my lower wattage amps so the MiniMass seemed a good fit. While low wattage my amps are still a little loud for night time playing with the wife sleeping.

This one:

m_mass-front.jpg

Weber mass is a great product, I was able to squash even a splawn nitro down to bedroom levels with it.

There are hundreds of different models to choose from. Some of the best features that you should look for are portability, price, and energy efficiency. Let us take a look at these factors one at a time.

Portability The biggest advantage to buying a portable product is that it is easily moved from place-to-place. Whether you are cooking at home or at work, there is no reason that you cannot bring your portable hot plate with you. There is also no need to spend money on a large gas or electric bill each month. The product will last for several years without breaking down or wearing out. This portability makes it perfect for individuals who are on the go and do not want to have to worry about finding somewhere to store their appliance.

Price The most expensive models are generally not the best hot plate to buy. A decent investment in a good product will get you several months of use and save you money in the long run. The best products are made of heavy duty materials, have a good warranty, and offer many different functions. These types of products will be less likely to break, and in some cases, will last up to 5 years without replacement. Buying a good hot plate at a reasonable price will be money well spent.

Last edited: