Chess

^it's super weird that you remember my name

yeah a guy got excluded from my high school for selling pokémon shit hahaha. well, idk if it was for that, he was a dodgy fucker in general, probably sold a lot of stuff illegally. he sold me a pokémon trading card game that broke my floppy disk drive. he used to sell mew to people iirc.

I had to go through the "Who Do We Think We Are" thread for that, that's why i did the "WITHOUT THE T" thing, lol.

But yeah, im not even that good and will most likely lose if you played competitively. I beat most of my friends and relatives. I did beat(only a few times) a few guys that were in the chess club in HS, but tbh i had more trouble with my granfather and a few others than i did with those guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dak
I like Chess but I haven't played in ages. The only time I play these days is when I'm bored on a flight and it's on the in flight entertainment console. I always win.
image.jpeg

Reactions: Dak and Omni
I've never really played chess before.

Wait i'm lying, one time at my old job, i took my group to the library to play it but the kid who was against me really couldn't explain to me how to play it (he was really autistic and didn't talk much because he stuttered :() he would move the pieces, and I had no idea what he was doing and sometimes he was moving them inconsistently. That doesn't count.

I'm a pretty reactive player when it comes to chess. I'm not going to memorize whole games/strats for the rare chances I get to play, so generally I play defensively and wait for my opponent to tip his/her hand and/or make a mistake.

I'm a pretty reactive player when it comes to chess. I'm not going to memorize whole games/strats for the rare chances I get to play, so generally I play defensively and wait for my opponent to tip his/her hand and/or make a mistake.

Actually my younger cousin was studying to play chess years ago, and when I played him, on my first move he said 'thats not a very good move'. I was like wtf, but in the end I won. Felt good owning someone 5 years younger than me.

^you can play live games too, with a variety of different time controls (i.e. anything from 1 minute games to hour long games or w/e). it's just more awkward actually organising that with someone specific, i tend to just play live with random strangers.

i've played a few 'bullet' tournaments before online where you just have 1 minute each. i'm hopeless at it.

the app is more reliable than emails when it comes to alerts. or at least it is on iphone.

if i copy you you should take it as a compliment imo ;)