Is it just me, or does being happy get boring?

sands of the seas

Of Another World
Jul 18, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
I was just thinking about this a couple of days ago. Lately - probably due to the fact the school is now out for a couple of weeks - i have been in a good mood pretty much non-stop. It was really great at first, but when i go a couple of days without being in a bad or down mood things get boring. It's like there's nothing more that can please me because i'm as pleased as i can be. So if nothing more can please me, i don't try to do anything i would usually do to make my time more enjoyable, and things get boring. I mean, i'm all for optimism, but sometimes you can overload.
What i think is that you have to have a balance of good and bad, because, without the bad, you can't appreciate the good as much.

Does anybody else feel like this or am i just a freak?

YOU'RE A FREAK!!!!!!!!! (only kidding)

Happiness brings on complacency and contentment. Sometimes, feeling that way stops you from looking for something else, which in turn may make you lazy. The problem is to keep on going and not falling into the trap of believing that the happiness you feel today can't get any better. There's always a new twist around the corner - of course by looking you may run the risk of running into something that doesn't make you happy.

But IMHO - when I'm bored it's mostly because I'm too lazy to get off my ass and look for something else to do.

I recently made a self-discovery.

I find that if i'm really happy in my life in general, i end up making tiny things into big deals just to keep things crazy and interesting. It's fucked me up a few times, so i'm glad i finally realized what it is.

Messed up

Originally posted by sands of the seas
What i think is that you have to have a balance of good and bad, because, without the bad, you can't appreciate the good as much.
True.
Also, ANYTHING gets boring if you do it constantly, always the same way. (Well, I'm still waiting to get bored of breathing :D )

I think happiness and boredom are completely unrelated. Happiness is something I quite enjoy and rarely get too down. Boredom is something I rarely experience because I'm the epitome of low maitenance.

Depression is a constant state of mind whenever im at college or at home, i dont really have any hope of getting out of this, i just merely want to be with the girl i love, seems to be too much these days, and dreams turn sour, like it is now....fairytale happy endings dont exist