Chicago metal scene covered by the Tribune

Bob, your not alone with that wish, I know people that pretty much dont go there just because of the distance and they dont drive. Sure they can take the metra there but they would have to take a bus then a train downtown and then one out the venue. I dont know how late they run from there back into the city then more commute time to get back home. These are people that can get anywhere that they want in the city.

I go to PR but there are many shows that I've blown off because of the distance, tonights show included (Therion). Also look at certain shows that have come through here Symphony X at the Metro was insanely packed they played Mokena this year and it was 200-300? I hear Epica's turnout wasn't all great, I wonder if they played closer to the city if that would still be the same?

Weeknight shows in Mokena is just way too hard unless you live out that way. I cant keep taking off of work early because I want to go to a show. All ages shows start what 6-7 PM people get home from work and then tend to kill some time so they dont have to deal with traffic to get out the venue. That means lots of the opening acts get the shaft. Its really a shame because I like the venue I just wish it was about 30 miles closer, heck I'd settle for it being in Addison or Rosemont.

you literally took the words out of my mouth. not that it is a bad club, it is just way to far and it is a big turn off for lots of people. I think the Epica show and a few others would have had a little better turnout closer to the city. I know a bunch of people who dont drive and cant get out that way for shows.