Chicago Powerfest 07

Knulla

Nov 6, 2005
Chicago
www.myspace.com
Just wanted to post on here that you guys kicked ass (as well as posting it on the CPF board).

I talked to Sam and I bought some merch from Clay... couldn't find the rest of you guys.

You deserved a longer set, I think. I probably feel that way since the only real reason I went on Friday was to see you guys (although if I knew Solitude Aeturnus were as good as they were, they would have been another reason).

Here's what I remember from the setlist (not for sure):

Last of the Survivors
April in the Fall
Subliminal Delusions
City Under Sands
Serpent I Am (not too sure about this one...)

Anyway, I figured I would be the only person at the Fest who knew who you guys were (since you've never played in Chicago before), but when I was waiting in line, I was asking if anyone heard you before and most people said yes. You guys gotta come back again sometime :kickass: :headbang:

-Dan

Hey!
Thanks a lot for your comments. I wish I could have stayed around longer, then we could have met up and talked a bit. Rich, Christi (the keyboard/flute girl), and I had to get going since we were staying in Rich's parent's RV. We were also really tired.

You were close with the setlist, it was:
Last of the Survivors
April in the Fall
Subliminal Delusions
Serpent I Am
The City Under Sands
Blood and Passion

So, for those of you who couldn't go, just burn those tracks on a CD and turn it up REAL loud and then it will emulate the experience of being there.

I knew there was another song... I couldn't think of it. I wasn't too familiar with the new CD at the time, but I bought it at the show, along with a shirt.

I think I saw Rich's parents outside, or at least his mom. Was she wearing a Suspyre shirt?

Hot damn that's a nice setlist. Could've used like, The Singer though. According to aha!(Who is also a good friend of mine..) your keyboardist friend didn't do much during the set, with the exceptions of I figured the three new songs you played. In my opinion, I would've tried to use her more considering she was there. >_>

Still, now this just makes me even more pumped for the show in May.

Hot damn that's a nice setlist. Could've used like, The Singer though. According to aha!(Who is also a good friend of mine..) your keyboardist friend didn't do much during the set, with the exceptions of I figured the three new songs you played. In my opinion, I would've tried to use her more considering she was there. >_>

Still, now this just makes me even more pumped for the show in May.

The Singer is one of the most difficult pieces of music I've ever tried to play. Maybe we'll learn it in due time. Also, it requires two seven-strings (like April in the Fall) and Rich has to borrow Clay's to perform it, and he doesn't like doing that. Also, there is way too much focus on non-guitar instruments in part of the interlude that it will be too much stress on a keyboardist or backing tracks.

Christi did a lot; we just don't have necessary parts for her all the time so you don't always hear it. The sound guy apparently had her low in the mix, and that's his fault. He owes us, since I spent a couple hours arranging these parts and she practiced at least an hour a day every day to prepare.

Christi did a lot; we just don't have necessary parts for her all the time so you don't always hear it. The sound guy apparently had her low in the mix, and that's his fault. He owes us, since I spent a couple hours arranging these parts and she practiced at least an hour a day every day to prepare.

That's what I meant... you couldn't really hear her, which led to me not really looking at what she was doing, and when I did look, she was standing there. I do remember her having one solo, that I did in fact hear.:headbang:

I did, I remember he was doing the rhythm guitar when they played Breath of Gloria during the sax solo, because Gregg was on sax and Rich was on the keyboard. >_> Wait, I could've sworn I told you about that when I saw them. Then again, that WAS quite a while ago, but still.

clay has a seven string?

scratch that, i didn't even know he played guitar. >_>

Clay plays guitar, but all of his instruments (his Ibanez Universe, Jackson King V, Peavy 5-string bass, and Ibanez 4-string) are all at my house. I want him to do some more guitar stuff so I could play more saxophone, but it's tough to teach people the parts; they are so involved. I thought it was really fun when we did the instrument change in Gloria that William mentioned.

I wish I could have attended this. I have alot of respect for you guys and love your music.
Also the members of Eternity X have asked me to let you know that our doors are always open to you guys if you wanna hang out or jam.

Take care!

A co-worker of mine over at LivingforMetal.com was there and said she was able to hang with the band for a bit. Jodi is her name. She was thrilled about that and had a great time. Must admit I was, and still am, extremely jealous that she was able to attend the show and I was not. Suspyre is a kick-ass band. Keep up the excllent work.