Chicago

Arlington, Massachusetts is a part of the Middlesex county.. and is 10km from Boston. Then how is saying that accurate?

Arlington, Massachusetts is a part of the Middlesex county.. and is 10km from Boston. Then how is saying that accurate?

Because it's part of what is referred to as the "Greater Boston area". Meaning, Boston and the surrounding smaller towns. Every American knows (or should know) where Boston is, whereas it's probably only New Englanders who know where Arlington is. Saying "Boston" gives a better idea of where Cookiecutter is from.

Because it's part of what is referred to as the "Greater Boston area". Meaning, Boston and the surrounding smaller towns. Every American knows (or should know) where Boston is, whereas it's probably only New Englanders who know where Arlington is. Saying "Boston" gives a better idea of where Cookiecutter is from.

TIACN summed it up, but I should've said it was more precise, not more accurate. Technically Cryptal is right that it is less accurate to say that I live in Boston, but in the real world it is much better to say the less accurate, yet more precise thing for the reasons TIACN said.

EDIT: Actually when I was backpacking in New Mexico with a group from Boston (actually numerous surrounding towns, do you see how it's helpful?) and met some retards from Atlanta who didn't know where Boston was.

I'm actually from a suburb called Glendale (part of a bigger collective known as Tri-County). If you're from here, you'd know where Glendale is, but no one outside of the city knows where the fuck Glendale is, so I say I'm from Cincinnati even though I live about 10 miles from the city limits.

Ah. Geographical slang. :p

Pennsylvania is a big state. I'm not from anywhere Pittsburgh or Eerie or Harrisburg or Scranton. Those places are all pretty different from where I'm from, so I tell people I'm from around Philadelphia. Lets them know I'm not from toothless country.

Pennsylvania? I was born in Saint Marys- about 1-2 hours SE of Erie. I imagine you've had Yuengling or Straub beer?

Back to the topic though, my little sister lives in Chicago. I love the 5am bar scene and Goose Island beer.

I happen to live in a suburb of Chicago. Chicago has a nice downtown area but also has some of the biggest ghettos ever. There are too many nigors for my taste.

chicago?

chicago.gif