Chicks Growling

A Dying Breed said:
My answer to this question is, does the bitch have big tits? That's all I care about. Isn't that what really matters? Bands with chick singers/growlers all suck. If I have to be subjected to one of them I at least want to see a nice set of boobies bouncing around during the set.

:OMG: :loco:

wow....so if the best growler/singer in the world was a chick...who happened to have small breast you wouldnt like the band....can i just say...that really does not seem very logical to me....

veneficus83 said:
:OMG: :loco:

wow....so if the best growler/singer in the world was a chick...who happened to have small breast you wouldnt like the band....can i just say...that really does not seem very logical to me....

I agree but boobies rule:headbang: :kickass:

I think the ladie from Arch Enemy is a really good growler she doesnt look too bad either but Im not a fan of chicks screeching into a microphone its almost sickning well anyone screeching at all

TKOC_Keys said:
I think the ladie from Arch Enemy is a really good growler she doesnt look too bad either but Im not a fan of chicks screeching into a microphone its almost sickning well anyone screeching at all

Like I said before...

"Doesn't anyone just SING anymore?"

Good examples of female growlers in my opinion: Mary Abaza of Merlin and Dana of Demonic Christ....of course that is all I can think of off the top of my head :lol:

Runhild of Thorr's Hammer has any amazing singing voice and growing voice. It's pure class. I think that if the person (male or female) can growl decently then they should if it fits into the music. It all depends on the music..

sinisterbass said:
what do you all think of this..

I'm not big on it.. I am a bassist and vocalist and, yes, I've been known to scream, but I use it sparingly for accenting certain parts and I never growl.. I tend to leave that to the guys..

I just use my natural voice. I'm a chick... but first and foremost I am a metal vocalist. I think it's important for the music to have a message. if you can't undersand the singer... you get no message.
:cool:

^ well, you can growl AND be understandeble - think Opeth: I really hear what the guy growls!

Anyhow, I just LOVE growling chicks :D but only under the condition they can actually growl... This female band Kittie's singer couldn't growl long ago and it was unbearable but after a while she got the hang of it and man - it sounds great :D

Chicks getting those growls are hot...and scary...but sorta hot...

There isn't to many out there and its pretty refreshing when there is. (Angela does it well IMO...plus it helps she is sexy)

I want to get to the point with my "growling" (as everyone calls it) to be in a band, I think the main thing that is stopping me is my shyness about it. I'm scared that if I got up there, started to sing it would all disappear and I would have no voice.

I have learnt alot of Angela Gossow though, getting into Arch Enemy started the whole 'growl' singing with me. I don't exactly want to imitate her sound, but I want to take from what she does and incorporate it into my standards and the way I sing.