Childhood mindfuck

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
I was watching DeStorm's Soul Toons video and it had power rangers theme song in there. Then I went and listened to the original and just realized three things:

- The song pretty much kicks ass and is cheesy as fuck
- It was more heavier than I remembered, and it even has a pretty hard sounding tap solo in the beginning
- Is it just me, or does it sound like all instruments are programmed, even the guitars? This indicates that it might be the case:

One day he was presented with the first footage of the show, was told to use the word "Go", and to have it finished by the next day. After two and a half hours, the song that resulted was the show's theme song, "Go Go Power Rangers"

Also the version on the movie is pretty kick ass (Eventho the video clip says so, it's not Buckethead, but the official remix of the theme made for the Power Ranger Movie).

For the 1995 film adaptation Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie a new arrangement of "Go Go Power Rangers" was recorded and performed by "The Power Rangers Orchestra": a collaboration that featured credits of former Mr Big front man Eric Martin, guitarist Tim Pierce, former Pablo Cruise bass player John Pierce, singer-pianist Kim Bullard, and then Guns N' Roses drummer Matt Sorum.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'tapped' part sounds way too percussive to have been tapped.
Sounds like alt picking to me.

Legend says that Buckethead did the tapping part...
No idea if that's true.
I love that song, reminds me of my mom that got pissed off 'cuz I checked Power Rangers on the TV...
They pretty much sucked after the first season, tho

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't see that buckethead video in the 1st post :lol:

Legend says that Buckethead did the tapping part...
No idea if that's true.
I love that song, reminds me of my mom that got pissed off 'cuz I checked Power Rangers on the TV...
They pretty much sucked after the first season, tho

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't see that buckethead video in the 1st post :lol:

yeah, and if you look the same video under the name The Power Rangers Orchestra, you get the same video.

But it seems to be true that Buckethead had something to do with the soundtrack of the movie, as on Bucketheads wikipedia page it says:

Buckethead performs primarily as a solo artist. He has collaborated extensively with a wide variety of high profile artists such as Bill Laswell, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Iggy Pop, Les Claypool, Serj Tankian, Bill Moseley, Mike Patton, Viggo Mortensen, and was a member of Guns N' Roses from 2000 to 2004. Buckethead has also written and performed music for major motion pictures, including: Saw II, Ghosts of Mars, Beverly Hills Ninja, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Last Action Hero, and the main soundtrack of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.

But when you go to the soundtracks page, it says

Despite several of the songs heard in the movie being well known and older, the album featured the highest profile musical talent the series had been associated with up until that point. The music of Van Halen, They Might Be Giants, Devo, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dan Hartman, and Buckethead resonated throughout the film. The single released to promote the soundtrack was Shampoo's Trouble, although the commercials for the film used both this and Snap's hit "The Power".

Track List

1. The Power Rangers Orchestra - "Go Go Power Rangers"
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Higher Ground"
3. Shampoo - "Trouble"
4. Devo - "Are You Ready?!"
5. Snap! - "The Power"
6. Fun Tomas - "Kung Fu Dancing"
7. Van Halen - "Dreams"
8. Dan Hartman - "Free Ride"
9. They Might Be Giants - "SenSurround"
10. Power Jet - "Ayeyaiyai" (Alpha Song)
11. Graeme Revell - "Firebird"
12. Aaron Waters (The Mighty Raw) - "Cross My Line" (Bonus Track)

Additional artists

"The Power Rangers Orchestra" consisted of Eric Martin of Mr. Big, renowned studio guitarist Tim Pierce, John Pierce of Pablo Cruise on bass, and Matt Sorum of Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver on drums. [1]

The solo on the track, "Firebird", is performed by Buckethead. [2]

SO he did music for the movie, but not nessecarily for the theme track.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're probably right.
But honestly, who can seriously say they actually know something about Buckethead, lol
This guy pwns at keeping his private life...well...private!
:lol: