kamelot?

Dodens Grav said:
Under The Sign Of The Black Mark or Blood Fire Death
thanks man. to bad the only place i can find them wants like $25 or more for any bathory but if its worth it.....ive done it before, i can do it again. fuck

I wouldn't even pay that much for Bathory unless it was a vinyl or something. Look online first.

Dodens Grav said:
I haven't the slightest fucking clue what you're trying to do with your post, but it's utterly meaningless as it stands now.

EDIT: Unless you're implying that Bathory is less than the greatest fucking band of all time, by doing which you would be horribly wrong.

hehe...you're funny. Bathory isn't that good. And half of their albums are viking metal !

Nobody cares what you think, btw. You think Opeth is a marvelous and original project.

I've heard 'Blood Fire Death' at a friends and it was not black metal but Thrash. He also told me their other stuff is viking metal.

Black metal as a genre is 'Gothic', to not think that is ridiculous. Certain bands that might not fit the mold don't change majority of a genre either. The genre is gothic and image based. I doubt their is any BM bands that don't wear gothic clothing or corpe paint in the genre but if you want to prove me wrong go ahead and try.

Look at the founding fathers of Black Metal, one being in your signature, The Greys, only in his original band, Mercyful Fate. Venom is Gothic to you? Bathory is Gothic to you? Celtic Frost and Hellhammer are Gothic to you? Those are all Black Metal bands. Nearly every Black Metal band that followed ripped these bands off. Cradle Of Filth is Gothic. Darkthrone is not. Especially now. They haven't even worn corpsepaint since the mid 90's.

My helpful self wants to respond to The Greys and explain nicely how he is wrong......but another part of me says he will never change no matter what I say.

Anyway, there are lots of shitty black metal bands who thrive on image and make crappy music. But as you said, a few people don't define the genre. There are lots of great bands who aren't all about image, and yes, there are lots of bands who don't wear corpsepaint. One of the biggest being Emperor, I believe they only have corpsepaint on for their demo.

Because They Greys is a fucking idiot and tries with all his might to start an argument with me in every thread I post in it makes me want to punch his face in in fact I swear to god one day I'm really gonna do it GRRRRRRR

No, The Greys loses this thread for being The Greys. Though he would've lost anyway due to that unsightly blunder.

:lol: :lol: hahaha. i started this thread to inquire bout a power metal and it turns into a black metal war. i fuckin luv it. :kickass: and dodens is right when he claims that the black metal forefathers were devoid of any gothic influence but i do see it a lot in bands that follow sometimes in musical atmosphere, sometimes in image. i prefer it kept in the music however. the image aspect usually just serves as a marketing ploy to appeal to people that maybe want that same image ahem*HIM*ahem

The Black Metal image, though some would say is similar, really doesn't have much to do with the Gothic image. They both just happened to adopt the black color. The Goths, of course, simply because they thought it looked cool, and Black Metallers simply because they thought Quorthon looked cool.

Dodens Grav said:
The Black Metal image, though some would say is similar, really doesn't have much to do with the Gothic image. They both just happened to adopt the black color. The Goths, of course, simply because they thought it looked cool, and Black Metallers simply because they thought Quorthon looked cool.
well put. black metal tends to be dark and evil in image where the whole goth thing in my eyes tends to just be dark and melincholy