kamelot?

1. I'm white. It's also funny someone is judging what I may look like when BM band members generally are retarded looking. I can tell from the posters Doden,BMT,Crimson that they have the most crappy genes out of everyone on this board from their posts. Why else would you listen to Black Metal if you're not a mongloid reject. So only black metal musicians can look,act retarded out of everyone ?. If someone else looked retarded,disagree's they are the problem,stupid, you can make judgement on them ?

2. I'm not defending Kamelot anywhere. I just found it funny,hypocritical someone says 'goth is bad' when they listen to a genre overloaded with gothic imagery. Who would not ?

Continue being hypocritical.

If you were not stupid, The Greys, you would realize that we have very similar tastes outside of Black Metal. Also, you really don't know much about Black Metal whatsoever if it causes you to legitimately suggest that there are similarities between Gothic Metal and Black Metal. Just listen to ANY BAND from Barbariaan Wrath, and then a random song from a Goth band. Because afterall, the music should be the final judgment on a band, and not their image. Or are you too stupid to realize that?

Also, KING DIAMOND HAS BEEN WEARING CORPSEPAINT FOR NEARLY 25 YEARS AND WEARS A FUCKING TOPHAT. If you dare claim that Black Metal is Gothic, you better be prepared to say the same about Mercyful Fate and King Diamond.

nothing against either of them but dodens and the greys could use their own thread where they can just argue back and forth with each other. be pretty funny to check in on once in a while just to see what they re bitchin bout now. they might even agree once in a while but who am i kidding.

After a whole year plus on this forum, I've decided that The Greys avatar is just random scribble. Any other opinions?

Goth Metal IS NOT CANDLEMASS. WHAT. THE. FUCK. It's called Doom Metal, buddy. And you could've picked much better examples for Black Metal.

Barking Pumpkin said:
After a whole year plus on this forum, I've decided that The Greys avatar is just random scribble. Any other opinions?

It might as well be, because that's what the band is anyway. :p

Dodens Grav said:
Goth Metal IS NOT CANDLEMASS. WHAT. THE. FUCK. It's called Doom Metal, buddy. And you could've picked much better examples for Black Metal.

chock another one up for dodens. candlemass is definitely doom but as far as the black metal examples went naglfar is pretty cool imo :headbang:

Dodens Grav said:
If you dare claim that Black Metal is Gothic, you better be prepared to say the same about Mercyful Fate and King Diamond.

You'll have to add Ark to that list also:

dcp02143.jpg

"Gothic", in a modern sense, is something that is gloomy, grotesque and mysterious, so in a sense, The Greys is somewhat right (something you wouldn't assume, judging from the idiotic methods he uses to make his points). But, considering the way the norm is applied to modern music, he is of course way off the mark.

We all know The Greys meant it in the stupid, modern sense, though. Because he's stupid.

Dodens Grav said:
If you were not stupid, The Greys, you would realize that we have very similar tastes outside of Black Metal. Also, you really don't know much about Black Metal whatsoever if it causes you to legitimately suggest that there are similarities between Gothic Metal and Black Metal. Just listen to ANY BAND from Barbariaan Wrath, and then a random song from a Goth band. Because afterall, the music should be the final judgment on a band, and not their image. Or are you too stupid to realize that?

Also, KING DIAMOND HAS BEEN WEARING CORPSEPAINT FOR NEARLY 25 YEARS AND WEARS A FUCKING TOPHAT.[/2] If you dare claim that Black Metal is Gothic, you better be prepared to say the same about Mercyful Fate and King Diamond.

I'm not the one that said 'gothic is bad' nor have a problem admitting KD use's theatrical gothic based imagery in his music. To me there is different goths with different approaches to the word 'Gothic'. It's about style,presence,art,wonder.

Gothic dates all the way back too middle ages(medievel times) and europe. Like someone said goth is about a manner,atmospheric,darkness to a setting. I can tell the difference from people into a real gothic manner and someone that dressed in black because they want attention,listen to Marilyn Manson wanting to slit their rists every second of the day. Gothic is also not purely based on clothing but as day is to night,light is to dark. It's more about finding comfort,interest,appeal in a desolated area. Gothic is like walking on a trail through the woods,even when it's day the tree's block out the sun comforting your presense darkening light.

I don't dress like a goth but my mindstate and outlook on everything is gothic and dimmed. Saying a general statement as 'Gothic is bad' is just as ignortant as what maybe i've said towards black metal.

Gothic to me is about not living in modern 2005, having a dark outlook on things and embracing something else. People should ask themselves why they are drawn to the dark as a positive thing.

You can wear jeans,a T-Shirt,grow out your hair be gothic. It's for comfort and security reasons. Dark music does it for me.

Now I probably sound like a stupid fagget :lol:

The Greys said:
I'm not the one that said 'gothic is bad' nor have a problem admitting KD use's theatrical gothic based imagery in his music. To me there is different goths with different approaches to the word 'Gothic'. It's about style,presence,art,wonder.

Gothic dates all the way back too middle ages(medievel times) and europe. Like someone said goth is about a manner,atmospheric,darkness to a setting. I can tell the difference from people into a real gothic manner and someone that dressed in black because they want attention,listen to Marilyn Manson wanting to slit their rists every second of the day. Gothic is also not purely based on clothing but as day is to night,light is to dark. It's more about finding comfort,interest,appeal in a desolated area. Gothic is like walking on a trail through the woods,even when it's day the tree's block out the sun comforting your presense darkening light.

I don't dress like a goth but my mindstate and outlook on everything is gothic and dimmed. Saying a general statement as 'Gothic is bad' is just as ignortant as what maybe i've said towards black metal.

Gothic to me is about not living in modern 2005, having a dark outlook on things and embracing something else. People should ask themselves why they are drawn to the dark as a positive thing.

You can wear jeans,a T-Shirt,grow out your hair be gothic. It's for comfort and security reasons. Dark music does it for me.

Now I probably sound like a stupid fagget :lol:
actually you make a pretty intelligent argument but prepare for the usual flaming to come.... what is actually gothic is probably one of the most debateable concepts going.

Back to Kamelot, has anyone ever heard their first two albums? The vocalist is HILARIOUS. He literally sounds like Adam Sandler trying to sing like Bruce Dickinson.

Dodens Grav said:

Bitch, althought Candlemass IS doom metal. They have ALOT of gothic influences\aspects. Read the lyrics.

those examples are PERFECT. Better examples than Bathory.....pfff.....

Thanks for reminding me to delete all the Kamelot I had on my hard drive; I have no idea why I left it there so long.

Xorv said:
Bitch, althought Candlemass IS doom metal. They have ALOT of gothic influences\aspects. Read the lyrics.

LYRICS DON'T CHANGE A BAND'S GENRE.

Your black metal examples were fucking horrible too. As much as I fucking love Beherit, they're far from the black metal archetype.