kamelot?

fat bastard

Nov 19, 2004
has anybody ever heard these guys? i saw a video for this song "the haunting" on saturday and i thought it was pretty damn good. i usually stay away from power metal bands as they tend to get pretty cheesy and in the end kinda lacking in any "power" but first impressions of these guys seemed pretty good and the song itself had a cool gothic feel to it? should i check these guys out?

I think their new album is their best yet. Killer stuff and much heavier than their past stuff. Kamelot have evolved past the typical "power" genre over the past few years.

If you liked The Haunting video head over to their site and download/watch March of Mephisto.

the first album of them I heard was "the fourth legacy" - you should check it out; a little bit cheesy, but good.

a fairly decent band, i own one of their older albums... it came with the most random "bonus gift" ever... a rub on kamelot tattoo, lol. They are ok, but I cant take them for too long at once. i agree that the 2 new videos they made for this latest album are really well done... but the songs are somewhat boring.

One of my favorite bands. Really cathy melodies, and a great singer. What else do you need? Check out Epica, The Black Halo, and The Fourth Legacy.

Kamelot is ok...I think the Black Halo is them at their best...mostly because I enjoy a well done concept album...and you dont really see that too often...short of those uber-proggie bands...

Dodens Grav said:
Gothic is bad. So is Kamelot.

Never heard Camelot but you listen to black metal which is easily the most gothic,image based genre.

Do you think there is different forms of 'Gothic'.

Black Metal is not Gothic you fucktard. Listen to Bathory. Please. And tell me that's Gothic. It's stupid shit like this that makes people dislike you, The Gheys.

Dodens Grav said:
Black Metal is not Gothic you fucktard. Listen to Beherit. Please. And tell me that's Gothic. It's stupid shit like this that makes people dislike you, The Gheys.

Bathroy?!

Well, atleast you didn't say Borknagar.

I haven't the slightest fucking clue what you're trying to do with your post, but it's utterly meaningless as it stands now.

EDIT: Unless you're implying that Bathory is less than the greatest fucking band of all time, by doing which you would be horribly wrong.

Dodens Grav said:
I haven't the slightest fucking clue what you're trying to do with your post, but it's utterly meaningless as it stands now.

EDIT: Unless you're implying that Bathory is less than the greatest fucking band of all time, by doing which you would be horribly wrong.

dont mean to change the direction of this thread but is bathory really that good? ive only heard cover versions of a couple songs which i thought were pretty cool but i ve yet to hear quorthon himself. i really have meant to check them out but it hasn t happened yet but it holds my curiosity more than kamelot since power metal usually isn t my thing. which disc should i try for?