2010 Winter Classic - Flyers vs. Bruins

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
Anyone watching the game today? The Flyers just scored to make it 1 - 0 early in the second period. Fenway looks really cool with the ice down on the infield portion of the field.

I'm routing for the Flyers even though I'm a New Englander. Why you may ask? I'm from Connecticut and grew up a Hartford Whalers fan that hated the Bruins. When the Whalers moved to the Carolinas I cought not get myself to become a Bruins fan so I slowly became a New York Rangers fan instead.

But the whole idea of these outside games are pretty cool. Speaking of outside hockey, for years the ice rink up at the UCONN campus was an open air rink - I used to go to games there when I was younger. They finally closed it in several years ago, but I remember it being the only rink with a wind advantage when going from one end to the other.

Anyways - the game looks really cool inside Fenway and just wondered if anyone else loves hockey as much as I do and was watching the game.

alg_bruins.jpg

My brother flew in from Arkansas for New Years and sat with me and our Dad here watching the game with huge smiles on our faces the whole time. I just wished that it was snowing a bit like during yesterday's practice.

Plus, the B's won in overtime, we got to see Sturm's goalface, and Thomas was saved from being the chump from crosschecking the Poodle wannabe Hartnell and letting in the Flyer's goal. Win-win.