Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Wow dude, that solo was epic. I think I might try finding a copy of your recording software its amazing quality!

Also I know its off topic but where did you get that t-shirt :p I've been looking for one for ages.

:worship:kickass::headbang:

Sorry for all the drop C stuff, but they are pretty much all we have left! Next week will be D, don't worry!

Recording of the Week - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War (Intro - Bars 1 - 29)

*Advanced* If You Want Peace, Prepare For War (Interlude- Bars 46- 53)

Well, i tried to ruin Sinergy's Passage To The Fourth World's Solo on keyboards.The sound quality sucks due to shitty camera but tell me what you think :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The sound didn't help because sometimes it's difficult to tell what's sounding, but what I hear sounds good :kickass:

Ok people, as lately we're a bit short of covers and contributions in general, here goes for you my first full COB cover. As my vocals suck and I don't have means to record them it doesn't have vocals, but it has all the guitars recorded in separate tracks and everything. Excuse some fuck ups on the rythm guitars because I recorded them in 1/2 blocks, not more, so it's a bit hard to nail the whole thing if you record 4 minutes in a row. I hope you like it and please comment :D

Hate Me! full cover (no vocals)

Really good one Jose! Nice playing and the solos ar also good! But: You had a better tone in earlier recordings. It has too much distortion in it und do you palm mute the low E notes or do you play them open? And your interludes (before the first solo and at the end of the song) sound strange but it seems you hit the right notes...hmm

MetalMan: I can't really hear you so it's hard to tell...

Really good one Jose! Nice playing and the solos ar also good! But: You had a better tone in earlier recordings. It has too much distortion in it und do you palm mute the low E notes or do you play them open? And your interludes (before the first solo and at the end of the song) sound strange but it seems you hit the right notes...hmm

MetalMan: I can't really hear you so it's hard to tell...

Thanks! I boosted the mids a bit this time and tried a new combination of eqs which I guess was too much. The low E notes are palm muted or at least that was what I tried to do :lol: The interludes are a bit sloopy on Roope's guitar because the pattern was a bit weird for what I usually play and also my guitar may have been a bit out of tune. Maybe that's what gives it that strange sound you talk about.

SIOUX CITY SARSAPARILLA!!!!

Ok, this is definitely my best cover so far. Total number of different recordings for each part before I was satisfied with it: 109! :)

Also I think that my rythm tone is pretty close to Children of Bodom's sound yet.

Settings for rythm tone: Korg, Peavey 6505, Marshall JCM 800

Settings for lead: Korg, Peavey 6505, Peavey Valve King 4*12, ACS R1 reverb

Hope you like it! (Click on the link to watch it in high quality)

Mp3 download: http://rapidshare.com/files/224396847/Sioux_City_Abmischung_neu.mp3

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF6781MiJLM&fmt=18[/ame]

Holy fuck Arcane! It's awesome! Really really tight playing on all of it, including the tricky interlude. This is truly your best cover so far and I think it's going to take you some time to make something better than this, I even have doubts of it beeing possible actually :lol: And the tone is better than always also. Using the Peavey really gave it a new sound.