Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

lol :D.
Well, I've posted that this is my last drop C cover but I've played Tie my Roooope today and I think I will try it again cause this song totally kicks ass!
Anyone else here with Sony Vegas? I tried to sync the guitars and it looks good at the beginning but after 30 seconds or so all guitars went out of sync as you can see... I hope that this was an single problem.

Great vid Arcane, particularly good job on the solo imho, I really liked it, nice and clean. The rythm job was awesome too though, great cover. And also, can't wait for TMR, that song rocks!

Aaaalso, here we go: I've been playing In Your Face for a couple of days and today I decided to record a little something for you people. Only thing is that I didn't have the BTs and net wasn't working so I used the original track as BT. I equed it so that the original guitars are quite low though, so you'll hear mines, not the originals, as I've also set the volume on my guitars quite loud over the track to avoid confusion. Tone is my latest discovery with Toneport, it gets a bit better overall because the sound of the original track drums and keys and everything is way better than any BT we have, but I think the guitar tone is still cool :kickass:

In Your Face (first half)

BTW, excuse the playing, it's a fast recording, only one rythm track right, one left, one for Roope's lead and then the squeals. And not more than 3-4 tries for any track.

Sounds pretty good Jose! Rythm tone is good but I would add a bit more treble and less bass and less distortion. Which tab do you use? I need a descend/decent/descent one but I'm too lazy to tab this song.

And I'm ready with Tie my Rope! (I mixed it with a few DOOM II sounds :D )
http://rapidshare.com/files/229517177/Children_of_Bodom_-_Tie_my_Rope_neu.mp3

I tried another amp model for this song but now it sounds a bit too mono or sth...

I will upload it on YouTube tomorrow.

From what I can hear it´s great. As always.
Why does it seem to me that your covers of the Blooddrunk album are even better than the others? Hm, must be me.

I hear great stuff man! Maybe a bit too sharp sound if you know what I mean, like it could do with a bit more of ''body'', but that can be give because the eq you gave the track to mute the original guitars as much as possible made the bass die a bit, so I think it's pretty damn good. Playing wise too, and the Doom sounds add the funny touch :lol:

About the tab, I used one I had in a GP Songbook file I downloaded. It's this one. I think it's pretty decent :kickass:

does anyone know how to play the 1st angel dont kill solo properly, as in the way it sounds on the album.....please!

NICE one, Arcane!! You nailed that interlude, it's one of the hardest leads in the album for me!

The tone is different to what you usually use though, it seems. I definitely like the one you used for Punch Me I Bleed more. If they're the same, then that's weird!

Jose, that tone was badass! Very thick and heavy, I really enjoyed listening to it! That verse riff isn't easy and you did a good job of it, very well done.

And here's something from me, too. I did the solo in COB's cover of Oops I Did It Again. I wanted to learn it ages ago when Epi tabbed it and covered it, and I finally learnt it last week sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE one, Arcane!! You nailed that interlude, it's one of the hardest leads in the album for me!

The tone is different to what you usually use though, it seems. I definitely like the one you used for Punch Me I Bleed more. If they're the same, then that's weird!

Jose, that tone was badass! Very thick and heavy, I really enjoyed listening to it! That verse riff isn't easy and you did a good job of it, very well done.

And here's something from me, too. I did the solo in COB's cover of Oops I Did It Again. I wanted to learn it ages ago when Epi tabbed it and covered it, and I finally learnt it last week sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5tHUyxYrQ

Well, I thought this interlude is unplayable but I only needed 15 min to play it at full speed :) And yes, I used another cab for TMR. It should be a Mesa 4*12.
I used a Marshall JCM 800 for PMIB, LDB and Sioux but I think that my best sound is in LDB ( I always use different settings for each record but can't remeber them).

Your Oops solos are great too. It'S a bit loud but still great!

You speak as if yours weren't good :lol: I'm the one who should ask, I can't get any good tone out of it, I barely use it nowadays because of that. I can't belive I have the same thing you guys have. Mine does loads of noises and cuts notes and does shit which I'd blame on my playing if it weren't because with the Toneport and Gearbox that doesn't happen :lol: