Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

The bed of razors on violin I enjoyed, but it really does change the song. Before listening, I thought violin with bed of razors would add extra atmosphere and mystery but that's not the case. That version of bed of razors sounds like some kind of adventure song for Lord of the Rings, but that's actually why I enjoy it.

I think it demonstrates how much lead melody there is in the song and sort of simplifies it.

Pff, CoB has never sounded particularly atmospheric or mysterious in the first place, save for a handful of songs and that's not likely to change whether you add violin, tympani or Norbix playing the skin-flute. Especially for BoR which sounds particularly melodic and upbeat already.

i have do a cover of Tie my rope but it only the audio!!!im trying to find an other tone with my mesa triple rectifier!! and sorry at 2:23 if the sound change a little bit my dog have move my mic :p!!and please comment!!!tell me what do you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzPgWPdQKo

For better sound Watch in 1080p!

The keys remind me of Atari 2600 :lol: otherwise than that, awesome job with the guitar!

That's probably the most interesting or fitting COB song to make a violin cover out of.

Yes, but that's because there's a consistent lead melody throughout the entire song, completely unrelated.

It's also the most boring CoB cover to play, it being their easiest song to play ever. It's no fun if there's no challenge.

Yes, but that's because there's a consistent lead melody throughout the entire song, completely unrelated.

It's also the most boring CoB cover to play, it being their easiest song to play ever. It's no fun if there's no challenge.

Easiest song to play... well, not necessarily.

Of course if you'd use violin for the backing stuff, Everytime I Die would be interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbD7FjKLMQ&lc=LfoJEb4v1j0sg1qXcUmE4mV_0Dv0MavbODaCtlhiwEg&feature=inbox[/ame]

long time since i recorded something, especially something of cob, but because this is the most badass solo of the new album, i had to

edit: and lol at the index finger vibrato, second last note

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one:

Follow The Reaper Cover

Drums were made with the Drumkit From Hell kit, via Superior Drummer 2.0. All the synth was done with soundfonts and I spent very little time on them. Bass was just a VST plugin that used MIDI, and the guitars are all me. The rhythms were done with my Jackson Warrior, but the leads were done with my KVX10, and to be honest I should have spent more time mixing them and trying to find a better tone. My friend did the vocals and the timing is off in spots, but he's the only person I know who even attempts any singing, let alone screaming. I spent some time mixing them too, but not much. But meh, I think it turned out decently. I also should have practised the song a little more so there's a few fuck-ups, but opinions, negative and positive, are always welcome! :D As long as they're respectful, of course. :lol:

Edit: This is seriously my first post here? Wow. I could swear I've posted in the tab thread a few times. I guess I'm just crazy.

Can't watch it.

Nice cover! Solo need a bit more work but overall nice stuff. How many Alexi guitars do you have?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsmd4WCb-w
long time since i recorded something, especially something of cob, but because this is the most badass solo of the new album, i had to

edit: and lol at the index finger vibrato, second last note

I think this is the first cover I've seen from you? Anyways, really good playing! I have never tried to play the fast run in the solo in different frets but it seems that most of you guys think it's easier... Should also try it. And I've noticed that I have never seen anybody playing the fast run at 9/10 seconds (before the bend) correct (except me, lol)...

I've got one:

Follow The Reaper Cover

Drums were made with the Drumkit From Hell kit, via Superior Drummer 2.0. All the synth was done with soundfonts and I spent very little time on them. Bass was just a VST plugin that used MIDI, and the guitars are all me. The rhythms were done with my Jackson Warrior, but the leads were done with my KVX10, and to be honest I should have spent more time mixing them and trying to find a better tone. My friend did the vocals and the timing is off in spots, but he's the only person I know who even attempts any singing, let alone screaming. I spent some time mixing them too, but not much. But meh, I think it turned out decently. I also should have practised the song a little more so there's a few fuck-ups, but opinions, negative and positive, are always welcome! :D As long as they're respectful, of course. :lol:

Edit: This is seriously my first post here? Wow. I could swear I've posted in the tab thread a few times. I guess I'm just crazy.

Don't like the backing track. Drums are... well DKFH. Guitars and vocals are really good!

Can't watch it.

Nice cover! Solo need a bit more work but overall nice stuff. How many Alexi guitars do you have?

I think this is the first cover I've seen from you? Anyways, really good playing! I have never tried to play the fast run in the solo in different frets but it seems that most of you guys think it's easier... Should also try it. And I've noticed that I have never seen anybody playing the fast run at 9/10 seconds (before the bend) correct (except me, lol)...

Don't like the backing track. Drums are... well DKFH. Guitars and vocals are really good!

Yeah, but I have very limited mixing experience and a budget of $0. :lol: Programmed drums though obviously are nothing compared to an actual played kit though. I've been using the free version of REAPER and I (embarrassingly) pirated the kit and SD2.0 until I can afford to buy them. Also my friend lent me his Line 6 UX2 and I used that and gearbox to record them, without any actual mics.

Thanks for the compliment though! My friend's band (I think he's Matt22 on this forum actually) is called Demyze and they self-produced an EP type thing I guess you could call it. If you liked his vocals you can listen to his music on myspace here. I actually made their drum backing tracks for everything they've recorded too since their drummer was so unreliable. :lol: I believe they're still actively looking for a replacement...

I've been wanting to do an acoustic cover of In Flames' "Satellites and Astronauts" but since I started working again I don't have the time. :(

And I've noticed that I have never seen anybody playing the fast run at 9/10 seconds (before the bend) correct (except me, lol)...

That's how it's marked in the tab over at the tab thread... Unless I'm missing something.

Arcane: i have 2, i sold my white one and bought the blacky because of the Cutaway, was annoying to play high frets on my old white one!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuOeb27NHqc&feature=related[/ame]
recorded just through the webcam mic

Yeah I used to have a snbn interlude and an everytime i die cover on youtube long ago but i took em off. And I know I play it wrong, but I realised that after I learned the whole thing and couldn't bother to get it right, sounds good like this anyway so.. But there are more mistakes in the tab, like the tremolo work, some bends...