Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^It was different when people were living the best times of this band and everything was hot so it felt worth the effort making a video playing like Laiho, today not many would care outside the circle. The whole melodic death metal scene is becoming a thing of the past, since the leading bands have cooled down and it's hard to make this music as one man projects. So the new generation has no spark for it and even if they do they feel the effort would go to waste.

Last edited:
Reactions: <Arcane>
Sick playing man! I'm a bit confused that you ruined that fast part in the AYDY solo though, which is a relatively easy pattern... Or maybe you don't and I just can't really hear your playing.

Thanks. Its the right notes I think but I mess up the timing. Its an easy pattern but hard to finish it and then jump perfectly into the two string bend. On the album there is a clear cut where it was a new take. I could have worked on it a bit more but I'm far from a perfectionist since I'd get nothing done then.

Aren't you the guy with that KTS solo which has more views than any other video on YT?

Yep, that video is nearly 13 years old now. I hate so many things about it haha but it introduced me to a lot of friends and I got known as the "KTS guy".

Can it be that I'm the only one with a cover of Hexed on YT? I know that the classical part and the rythm guitars re a bit tricky, but Is the interest in covers really so low nowadays? I mean Hexed is an awesome song but it seems noone cares about doing covers of Bodom anymore.

Interest in covers is so low nowadays and guitar videos only get a fraction nowadays. Interest in tabbing is very low too. I was looking on Ultimate Guitar and its rare to see anyone tabbing death or power metal. It's sad. I wish there was still big communities where everyone talked about music, nerding over everything and tabbing it out. I saw you had so many Bodom songs tabbed out, awesome work, they were all way better than the other tabs on the site.

One problem is so many people moved to phones so they just Facebook or Instagram. They aren't surfing youtube watching videos as much as they used to be. With less people watching guitar then people don't feel the drive to make guitar videos in the first place.

^Smart phones are indeed making most people degenerate spiritually to watching only 5 sec clips of stupid nonsense in their social media. It's such a shame, one of the reasons for Earth's demise. Everything could be wonderful these days in so many ways, but who would've guessed that - come technology - people would forget about the deeper side of things.

Reactions: P4T0U
Cool and fun, but wish they moved some more on stage with the rhythm, it would make the song feel alive.

Last edited:
Sounds good but wtf is wrong with that guitar dudes movements? Looks so mechanical, erratic and way too fast...^^

Wow bro why you gotta make fun of how i play tho lol. Not cool man :(

Real talk tho, we also did Scream For Silence, sorry for being either mechanical, erratic, and/or way too fast in advance

Reactions: P4T0U
Wow bro why you gotta make fun of how i play tho lol. Not cool man :(

I don't think he means it as in insult. If you look at the Chokehold video there are jumps in the video, before the harmonics at 0:08 the camera didn't catch you moving your hand so your hand jumps position. It must be a setting on your camera or editing program because the Scream for Silence is fine. Good work though!

Hello everyone!
I'm glad a couple of you guys liked my cover of "are you dead yet".
Here is another cover...."Blooddrunk"

have fun.....

Reactions: Sany