Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Hello Guys. Long time i didn't post there.
As Mitch suggests me, I post a cover of Downfall.

I recorded the two tracks (3 during the solo) on GARAGE BAND (Macbook) with a Pocket Pod. Then I made the video for fun and mixed it up. The 5150 is just here for fun. My Guitar is a Jackson STARS BK/PNGD.

I can't play the solo, so i messed up a lot, but at least I tried...... I play the rythmic a different way that sounds better (In my opinion...).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8aeg5_downfall_music

:)

Awesome, Mike! Good job, again! :)

Good playing dude! And the solo wasn't that bad.

Ok, I've uploaded my mp3 files in one folder - now it should be better! Children of Bodom mp3s

Awesome, Arcane. I'm still suprised how our tones differ, even though we have the same unit. I like yours more, I think.

And I have a contribution to the thread. A few COB covers:

Hatebreeder Album [Leads & Solos]

Smile Pretty For The Devil Solo

Sixpounder Solo

In Your Face Solo

The Rock Theme

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn mitch, I enjoy watching that hatebreeder vid even more than the gp1000 test you have :)

Simply fantastic as usual

Awesome, Mike! Good job, again! :)

Awesome, Arcane. I'm still suprised how our tones differ, even though we have the same unit. I like yours more, I think.

And I have a contribution to the thread. A few COB covers:

Hatebreeder Album [Leads & Solos]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAvCaAaocWs

Haha :lol: You know what? Since 4 days I have a folder on my laptop called "Are you dead yet solos & and lead parts" :lol:
I have started the same thing as you but I'm not ready yet (IYWPPFW and T,L&S solos are not recorded yet)
Usualy I don't rate other YouTube videos but this deserves an awesome comment, 5 stars and a link in my favs. Very well played dude but I think you have a few mistakes in the Warheart solo.

Oh and I like my rythm tone more than yours but your lead tone is better.

Alexi Laiho Betcha can't play this by me. It's not 100% accurate but almost. And thanks to Mitch for tabs!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQZebuR3Rnw&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Wow, Mitch should become the lead guitarist for bodom, seriously, he plays a lot tighter than Alexi :worship:

OMFG! Damn you Mitch tha was absolutely fucking amazing! The rest of the vids were cool too, but the leads and solos compilation of HB was just beyond amazing man! 11/10 :kickass:
Damn mitch, I enjoy watching that hatebreeder vid even more than the gp1000 test you have :)

Simply fantastic as usual
Mitch------>:worship: You are AMAZING!

Thanks guys!! :kickass:

Haha :lol: You know what? Since 4 days I have a folder on my laptop called "Are you dead yet solos & and lead parts" :lol:
I have started the same thing as you but I'm not ready yet (IYWPPFW and T,L&S solos are not recorded yet)
Usualy I don't rate other YouTube videos but this deserves an awesome comment, 5 stars and a link in my favs. Very well played dude but I think you have a few mistakes in the Warheart solo.

Oh and I like my rythm tone more than yours but your lead tone is better.

Oh really? Haha! That's cool, I'd like to see you do a video the same as this but with the AYDY solos, they're more difficult!!! I chose HB 'cause it's the easiest album to play.

Alexi Laiho Betcha can't play this by me. It's not 100% accurate but almost. And thanks to Mitch for tabs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQZebuR3Rnw&feature=channel_page

Awesome again, dude!

DAMN

I thuoght no one would never play that

Loving you for have played that solo :kickass:

Thanks! :kickass:

Wow, Mitch should become the lead guitarist for bodom, seriously, he plays a lot tighter than Alexi :worship:

Ugh yeah...after 30 takes. :lol:

This is cool! I wasn't expecting the vocals, they're actually really good!

Which tab did you use?

And why the smile pretty solo is no longer available?

The Smile Pretty solo still works for me. If you can't get it to work, click the little link at the top and watch it on YouTube, see if it works that way instead!

And I don't think I used a tab, I just played it from how I remember it.

Here's a tab from the Rockhouse DVD:
3478j02.gif

But I changed the last part.