CHILDREN OF BODOM YOUR FAV BAND?

I was watching the Yankees/White Sox game once,and this rookie on the Yankees actually swallowed a shitload of tobacco and started choking on it,and they had to stop the game until it was out,I thought it was pretty gross.

Blue Jay: The COF album is coming out Oct 16 in Europe and the U.S. It's suppose to come out Sep. 19, but they changed the date which sux! I listened to that one song Dirge Inferno at their official website and it wasn't as good as i expected it to be. And esp. with that Ville Valo thing, it gonna suck. Paul said it was girly. Nymphtamine is probably better. They didn't need to do the same thing twice.

NOOOOOOO please not a disapointing album!!! And the guy that said there's rock influences in their newest album... NOOOOOOOO. Although I liked Nymphetamine and also thought Dani's vocals performance is getting better, I'm not sure if I like the thought of rock influence. And someone who says CoF is their favorite band calls their newest song ok... ouch. Well I still might check it out....

It sounds to me like "Lady Laiho" needs to discover a lot more music. Everytime someone mentions a band she has never heard it before and then loves it. Soon you won't even remember who Children of Bodom is.

Blue_Jay said:
NOOOOOOO please not a disapointing album!!! And the guy that said there's rock influences in their newest album... NOOOOOOOO. Although I liked Nymphetamine and also thought Dani's vocals performance is getting better, I'm not sure if I like the thought of rock influence. And someone who says CoF is their favorite band calls their newest song ok... ouch. Well I still might check it out....

I hope it' not disapointing. I can't stand the thought of never buying a cradle album ever again and maybe even sellling the new album if it sux. In an interview, Dani said if you listen to one of the songs without listening to the whole thing, you might think they're a sell-out! i listened to the song again and Dani' vocals are fuckin awsome! HE's still got it and he's got some new vocaling tricks up his sleeves. His vocals are as strong and screetchy, and brutal as ever. He amazes me each time with each album. But the whole song isn't good. THere's absolutely no melody. It's kinda boring. thERE'S NO keyboards, no back-up, and the drumming is simple. Paull's guitaring is good but it's not like nymphetamine and you can't really hear the bass. Man, the album better rock. IF they suck, then i'll never be able to love any other band the way i worship them...i can't even love bodom that way.

Bringer: Bodom's still better than Fintroll. I'm not really familiar with the finnish metal scene other than bands like Impaled Nazarene, Amorphis, Lallacry, Nightwish, and such. I never heard of bands like Fintrooll(until now)and winterwsun.

Bringer: Bodom's still better than Fintroll. I'm not really familiar with the finnish metal scene other than bands like Impaled Nazarene, Amorphis, Lallacry, Nightwish, and such. I never heard of bands like Fintrooll(until now)and winterwsun.

Wintersun is awesome. Never heard of Fintroll myself though.

I hope it' not disapointing. I can't stand the thought of never buying a cradle album ever again and maybe even sellling the new album if it sux. In an interview, Dani said if you listen to one of the songs without listening to the whole thing, you might think they're a sell-out! i listened to the song again and Dani' vocals are fuckin awsome! HE's still got it and he's got some new vocaling tricks up his sleeves. His vocals are as strong and screetchy, and brutal as ever. He amazes me each time with each album. But the whole song isn't good. THere's absolutely no melody. It's kinda boring. thERE'S NO keyboards, no back-up, and the drumming is simple. Paull's guitaring is good but it's not like nymphetamine and you can't really hear the bass. Man, the album better rock. IF they suck, then i'll never be able to love any other band the way i worship them...i can't even love bodom that way.

Ahhhh crap. Well atleast the vocalist is going to sound awesome yaaaay :D. Also hope they just picked a crappy single like In Flames did with their Come Clarity album (Take This Life).

There's another song you can listen to but i haven't listened to it yet. BUt i'm gonna pretty soon. i hope it does better than Dirge INferno. And why haven't they released that music video for "temptations" yet!? I can't wait to see it. ALl their music videos kick ass.

Norther, Kalmah, Imperanon, Sonata Arctica, Naildown, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Swallow the Sun, Kiuas, Battlelore, Blind Stare, Behexen, Catamenia, Diablo, Dreamtale, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, Moonsorrow, Rain Paint, Rotten Sound, Satanic Warmaster, Sentenced, Stratovarius, Stam1na, Tarot, Teräsbetoni, Thunderstone, Warmen.

There you go, I listed a whole load of bands for you to check out. I left out the ones you already know about. The bold ones are my personal favorites.

If I had to choose a few to check out right away I choose:

Kiuas (power/heavy metal)
Sonata Arctica (power/melodic metal)
Korpiklaani (folk metal)
Swallow the Sun (Doom metal)

-[chop]- said:
^ you just say that cuz you dont reconize half of the bands.....

:lol:

And that is probably true!

Kalmah is good stuff but there is definitely a lot that stands up to it. Check out the new Kiuas album, Reformation, it is exciting, has great lyrics/vocals and killer melodies.

Bringer: woah,i'v never heard of any of those bands except Stratovarious. I'm definetly gonna listen to them right now. Power metal is a really good genre but i don't like it when they use clean vocals all the time.

The Bringer said:
:lol:

And that is probably true!

Kalmah is good stuff but there is definitely a lot that stands up to it. Check out the new Kiuas album, Reformation, it is exciting, has great lyrics/vocals and killer melodies.

I will definitly give em a listen :)

I'm listening to wintersun's beyond the dark sun right now. OMFG, what have i been missing out on!!!!!!!!!! They kick ass. They sound even better than COB!!!! I thought alexi's guitaring was good, that guitaring was almost as good! I can't choose a second fave band. Wintersun was way too good. Now i have to listen to the other bands.

The Bringer: I listened to Norther(very,very impressive) , Kalmah, and wintersun and all of them kick serious ass. They are so much better than COB. I can't believe i was limited to only CoB's power metal. All these other bands are even better than them esp. Norther. They fuckin blew me away! Norther's endless war is reallly good. I listened to that song live but i have idea what the guy is saying.

Lady_Laiho said:
The Bringer: I listened to Norther(very,very impressive) , Kalmah, and wintersun and all of them kick serious ass. They are so much better than COB. I can't believe i was limited to only CoB's power metal. All these other bands are even better than them esp. Norther. They fuckin blew me away! Norther's endless war is reallly good. I listened to that song live but i have idea what the guy is saying.
hell yes norther is good, i'm actually glad that you listened to some more bands