CHILDREN OF BODOM YOUR FAV BAND?

Wintersun is my favourite band
I concur.
Yea wintersun have the potential to be cob's second coming (old style i mean)
I'm baffled every time I hear someone comparing Wintersun to Bodom. Seriously, sometimes I think people do just because they are both melodic and both from Finland. I don't think they sound a thing like each other. And besides, I think Wintersun has had more potential than Bodom has.

Basically it is finnish metal/melodeth/viking/folk, finnish bands have there own style/sound to there music and they put a stamp on it as is why i put a comparison to the two bands dthey sound a bit bodomish but put a viking/folk/epic spin on it, jari is from ensiferum and they sounded a bit bodomish in that to, i mean listen to into battle and tell me it dosn't sound a bit like bodom, but its not in a rip off thing like imperanon or immortal souls and other clone bands that dont having anything special or different to bring to the table,wintersun is basicaly a progresion after ensiferum and jari has the talent to take it to the next level,he does reek of somthing special and the potential to be better than bodom in my opinion,its not what music you play as for what you do with the music \m/, sleeping stars and death and the healing is just incredible listen to that solo in death and the healing after 3.45 ,jari has incredible pedigree and is hinting at future grateness that alexi could only dream of hehe \m/\m/

Didn't know there were many Wintersun fans here o_O, most where i mention Wintersun i get eh, flamed. People claiming Jari is boring, and even people refusing to listen to Wintersun because they say jari is ugly (wtf is up with that)

My favorites change all the time...but at the moment I'd say my top 5 are Bodom, Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquillity, Amon Amarth and Bloodbath.

and even people refusing to listen to Wintersun because they say jari is ugly (wtf is up with that)

:lol: WTF?

Wintersun is the music of the gods, nothing compares to it in terms of sheer compositional genius and uniqueness. Comparing Wintersun to any other band is futile.

I don't listen to Bodom that much these days, but i still find them cool the occasions I do listen to them. The top five has to be:

1. Necrophagist
2. Racer X
3. Wintersun
4. Sinergy
5. Warmen

1-COBHC
2-Catamenia
3-x:Death,Ensiferum,Finntroll,Moonspell,Moonsorrow,Wintersun,Graveworm, Amon Amarth,In Flames,Therion,Siebenbürgen,Opeth,Korpiklaani.....

1-COBHC
2-Catamenia
3-xDeath,Ensiferum,Finntroll,Moonspell,Moonsorrow,Wintersun,Graveworm, Amon Amarth,In Flames,Therion,Siebenbürgen,Opeth,Korpiklaani.....

I sometimes wonder how people could put CoB above these bands. But hey opinions are opinions.

IF jari is ugly...:loco: ... then he makes up for it in his BEAUTIFULL music..probably a better soloist then alexi in my opinion..but i think alexi beats him in the catchy rythem department,metal hammer gave wintersun's debut 7 out of 10,that magazines turning into a poseur mag more in every issue saying my chemical romace is iconic???? WTF:puke:

I don't listen to Bodom that much these days, but i still find them cool the occasions I do listen to them. The top five has to be:

1. Necrophagist
2. Racer X
3. Wintersun
4. Sinergy
5. Warmen

Great list, Inhe, I also like all those bands and they're all among my faves too... only that I really don't like Warmen.

I don't know, I tried but I really don't like them.