Choice Cuts

El-Heino

Loco en El Coco
I just got the Choice Cuts CD in the post this morning. I had all the studio albums stuff, but I didn't have the Peel sessions stuff.

One thing that I noticed is that the songs from the old studio albums have been mastered louder, which is highly welcomed! I compared the volume of the original Corporeal Jigsore and the Choice Cuts version and it is like NIGHT and DAY! :Spin:

I invariably find that the old metal albums from circa 1991 all have really low mastering volume (compared to recent/today's stuff, e.g. Gorgut's Considered Dead...a particular culprit). I'm almost tempted to get the Carcass re-releases if these indeed have this better mastering sound. Does anybody know if this is the case???

Yeah,
I reckon the remastering has done good service to the likes of Swarming Vulgar Mass... and Corporeal Jigsore. I can here some drum fills a little clearer on the SoS stuff.

I will certainly invest in the new versions.
Don't really know if Swansong is gonna be all that different, but I guess it's good to have all three.
Moneygrubbinfreaks!!!

Gosh... how do I know if you lot are not underground Earache subverses unilaterally preaching us *poor* metallers to cough up MORE money for CDs that we basically have already??? :)

I'm not convinced whether I will re-invest. The extra features certainly don't really warrant the investment, and since it is only re-mastered (and not re-mixed), I reckon that it just means I can get the same output at +20dB, as opposed to having to crank to +30dB - i.e. no difference in actual sound quality; just mastering volume.

I'm much better off spending that money on new bands...

hhhmmmm, I'm obviously not convinced yet.