Choosing a place to live

hahaha ...

Manhattan residents are crazy, but they drive this city's economy, not to mention most of the rest of this country.

My g/f works p/t for a couple, both doctors, that have 2 kids, one 6 the other 10 ... their "private school" cost them $30K a year .... per child.

That's just one of their expenses ... you do the rest of the math :loco:

I gotta hang out with more influential people :lol:

haha my son's going to private school but it wont be $30k a year believe me. That's more than my ENTIRE college education cost, about $10k more actually.

also

In Houston, $225,000 will buy a three-bedroom house with a game room, den, in-ground pool and hot tub.

In Manhattan, it will buy a parking space.

thread over.

I'm fucken moving to Houston to be with my fellow klan brethren.

yes, cost of living here is cheap compared to the rest of the country. my house was $152,000, which gave me 2-story, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, game room, a huge backyard, etc.

thing is, most people are wimps and cant take the humidity

WTF - isn't he like 8 months old?
:lol:
19 months actually. But it's never too soon to start planning. I'm sure he'll be in 1st grade before I realize it.

Anyway, the desireable hoods here are so far out of my price range it's sickening. I'm talking $350,000-400,000 to start with. Our house is for sale for around $275,000. So, needless to say, we'll be renting something whilst I figure out where I'm going to build something - it's the only to get the exact house I want without having to pay a fortune to live in the good (read: trendy) hoods. We're architectural snobs btw. If we weren't, we wouldn't have any problems and just buy a cookie cutter suburb house. You only live once; might as well try and get what you want, eh?

yes, cost of living here is cheap compared to the rest of the country. my house was $152,000, which gave me 2-story, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, game room, a huge backyard, etc.

thing is, most people are wimps and cant take the humidity

Or mass evacuations. ;)

I think George Foreman is trying to sell his Kingwood mansion. There were several estates for sale in that area I noticed during my last visit. Maybe you guys should go for it.