Choosing my audio interface help me!

Scottxx

Apr 23, 2009
Guys, my brother is coming from Spain where he lives. I always wanted a good interface and for years I have waited cause the prices here (Argentina) are hilarius. I was thinking something between these and if there is any other good one you can tell me:

- Saffire PRO 24 DSP
- MOTU Ultralite mkIII hybrid.

I play and record guitar, bass, voice and programmed drums. But I want the best audio interface around these prices. I know the MOTU its a little more expensive, but around these prices there is no problem. I know a lot of you have good hardware and you know which preamps are better than others. And the special features that will be great to have. Just want to know which unit or any other than these will you recommend to me.

I need to buy it in a few days online. I was thinking at thomann.de

I will run Win 7 in PC.

I will thank you so much your help.

Thanks Bryan, but I read maybe 95% of the guides in the forum and I read and learn for hours here. I read that guide. I'm just saying now, at this moment, with the products and the prices I'm asking you, which will be the best option. That's it. Which one will you buy if it were for you.

Any who want to drop me a line will help.

Dollarosa, the MACKIE ONYX BLACKBIRD is great. I didn't know about it. But maybe something big for me.

I'm thinking about The Saffire Guitarguru, thank you! Will you pick The Saffire Pro 24 DSP over the MOTU ultralite mk3 hybrid?

Yes I would. I love the Focusrite pres, I really love my PRO 40. Both are good, Focusrite just has never let anyone down that I have ever known that owns one. I have never heard a bad thing about them and I absolutely LOVE mine.

Ok I will go with it I think. Why not the DSP version? The money difference is not a problem.

Thanks Guitarguru... tell me if you will change or add something, these things I'm going to buy:
- Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
- AKG Perception 220 w/pop filter
- I'm choosing between these mic cables: 1) Cordial CSM 5 FM-gold, 2) Planet Waves PW-M-10 Gold or 3) Sommar Cable Galileo 238 2,5

All this is to start my little and low budget home studio. I own a POD 2.0, guitars, bass and some fx. But I needed a good interface and a good mic in its price.

What are you using for Monitors?

Seriously if you want to take this even the slightest bit serious, if you have to cut into your budget for the AKG to get monitors get a SM57 / SM58 for Vox and Put the rest of the cash toward a decent set of monitors. Monitors are probably THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of mixing. You can have the best pre's, mics, guitars, cabs, basses, and still get a SHIT sounding mix with bad monitors. Even the Behringer Truth monitors would be better then PC Speakers or most headphones.

Behringer Truth are good introductory monitors. If you want something a bit better KRK's, semi pro / pro style from there Event, Yamaha, Adam 7's

I use the KRK Rockit 5's and I love em. Had a set of Alesis before these that did a horrible job with low end.

You should be able to get a good set of KRK's for around $300 - $400. Also remember most of the prices you see online are for 1 monitor, they usually are not sold or priced in pairs.

Yes Guitarguru. You are completely right! But my brother can't fly with monitors too from Spain to here (Argentina), there are too much things he must take with him and he may have some problems at customs here at the airport. I know I need good monitors. And they are very very expensive here. But I can't buy all at the same time unfortunately. I'm now using a hifi audio for monitoring. A dj friend of mine is using KRK Rockit 5 and he likes them. Can't bring the monitors from Europe now. Which else do you think to take into considaration? (Thanks for supporting me man!)