CHRIS SALINAS and ALEX ARELLANO split from POWER OF OMENS

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
As posted in the Power of Omens forum (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115048):

This comes with great sadness, as this day was not one that any of us would have ever thought would come. However, Alex Arellano and Chris Salinas have both decided to part ways with Power of Omens. We always thought that we would continue on for years and years to come creating the music that we are best known for. It seems that both of the guys have now reached a point in their lives where they seek a different direction from where the band was headed. Alex, unfortunately decided that it would be best for him to bow out due to his lack of interest in compromising with the rest of the members of the band. In doing so, we wish Alex the best of luck in his future endeavors. As for Chris, his choice to follow a band who gives him more room as a vocalist led him to his decision to leave Power of Omens as well. We wish him luck with his Mindcrime project, as well as his new found band with the members from the Houston based band Z-Lot-Z

In no way does this mean that Power of Omens has died or disbanded. Both Chris Herring and myself will continue on with the complex prog tradition that the band has been known for, and will begin actively auditioning replacements for both Chris and Alex. If anyone is interested in trying out, please contact: powerofomens@powerofomens.com

The band will soon be based out of Dallas, Texas, and anyone considering either of the positions will have to keep this in mind. It is sad to see half of the band go, but we promise to come back stronger and better than ever.

Sincerely,
David Gallegos & Chris Herring
Power of Omens

Hey Power Guys... was wanting to get a hold of Alex Arellano... Anyone know his email address? Hey Dave G., I was always curious how come I never got any credit on your albums or anything. I mean you guys practically used whole parts of music that I wrote when I was your keyboardist (ie: test of wills). I know I left the band, but I still wrote those parts... totally not not cool dude. Anyways, if you hear from Alex, tell him I was looking him up. Good Luck! Laters.. ~Sean Sonnet

www.genowen.com

...​