Sad News

Goddamit!
I just became of fan of you guys too! Im from San Antonio and I was keeping an eye out for you guys to play a live show. Infact, I think my cousin and I met you Dave at the cancelled Symophony X. I think that was you playing your CD from your truck for everyone to hear, if I remember correctly.

Vertigo said:
Goddamit!
I just became of fan of you guys too! Im from San Antonio and I was keeping an eye out for you guys to play a live show. Infact, I think my cousin and I met you Dave at the cancelled Symophony X. I think that was you playing your CD from your truck for everyone to hear, if I remember correctly.
LOL!!! Yeah that was me... I remember you guys... well, the band is still very much alive, so no need to worry about that... we'll definitely be back to play shows here in San Antonio.
If you ever check out Robb's Metalworks, make sure to stay tuned in Novemeber... he'll be airing a couple of the videos we shot back in May from the showcase we headlined. As soon as I have a definite air date, I will post it on here... so keep checking back.

:D

~D

At a Banquet honoring the past...

I have a Toast....

(With a goblet of Chimay [It's a fine bier...ok?] in hand and standing with a thick Scottish/Kentucky accent...)

In deed with change and/or growth there is always some element of anguish. Yet, the oracle asks, "how does one react to this lamentation?" I think Dave and Chris acted naturally, positively and quickly - MOVE and Unite after such shock & awe. Both knew the metal scene in Dallas is strong and they would find some top quality muscians there that will share the same goal, dedication and passion! So please please have no fear PoO will be reborn!!
ALL: CHEERS!!!! Bottoms Up!
Now for Alex! Alex has left a positive mark. His skill as a drummer in PoO will alway be remembered - speachless. Ohhh!! Those rich godly gifted patterns, complex and smooth like a fine Belgian bier! Clearly, this is will be a big Kit to fill. We will all be watching for you Alex! Just keep playing those God forsaken drums! Portnoy who???
I say Amen!! ALL: Amen!! Bottoms UP!
As for Chris S. I am not sure what to say. However, I think from my limited point of view this revolution calling will not be what you think it will become. PoO will in time will take the place (if not already) of DT as the house hold name; and may I say Rooms...was/is the pinnical of Prog./Tech. metal with no equal!!! A classic it shale be!! (spoken with authority) Shhhh! Now, Now, I do honestly hope for the best for you Chris S.and in two or three years there won't be any regrets...right? May your road not lead to madness!
ALL: Cheers! Bottoms Up

To. Dave & Chris H. We are behind both of you. We believe in your vision and may the next PoO be over the top and better then Rooms...! Heaver the ax the harder the blade falls!! (by the way will we see Chris H. with a Chapman Stck or a Warr??)
Shhhh...
Wait! Wait! Now for some words from the from the wise regarding the parting of ways! From a Senor old tyme prog. band that has had it's share to difficult times in deed:

"And when you listen with a tear in your eyes
to their hopes and betrayals and your only reply is
Slainte Mhnath!" FIsh - Marillion

"And if you ever come across us don't give us your sympathy
You can buy us a drink and just shake our hands
And you'll recognise by the reflection in our eyes
That deep down inside we're all one and the same,
Cluching at Straws" - Fish - Marillion

Cheers to the past and for the future!!!! All: Bottoms UP! Oops! There is a fly in my bier!!:headbang:
God Bless
Dave

OmDave said:
At a Banquet honoring the past...

I have a Toast....

Cheers to the past and for the future!!!! All: Bottoms UP! Oops! There is a fly in my bier!!!:headbang:
God Bless
Dave
Thanks Dave!!!

That was a very cool toast!!! :)

Here's to the future!!!!
trink39.gif

~D

Dave!! Dave!! You got to tell me about Strunz & Farah! I saw them on some PBS special and I was amazed. These guys are scary on acoustic and I wish to learn more about them. What CDs do you have and what do you recommend. Oh about acoustic, I thought I read somewhere about a solo CD for yourself? Tell us more! Sorry for the change in topic here.

Peace bro.
Dave

Dave!! Dave!! You got to tell me about Strunz & Farah! I saw them on some PBS special and I was amazed. These guys are scary on acoustic and I wish to learn more about them. What CDs do you have and what do you recommend. Oh about acoustic, I thought I read somewhere about a solo CD for yourself? Tell us more! Sorry for the change in topic here.

Peace
OMs

OmDave said:

Peace
OMs
Heya Dave!!!

I'm so sorry I have not been online as much these last several days... I've been dealing with some very rough personal issues lately, so it's kept me from remaining active online...
Anyway... my sincerest apologies!!! :)
As for Strunz and Farah... those guys are AWESOME!!! I got a chance to catch them live a few years back, and was absolutely blown away. The CD I listen to quite frequently is their "Best of..." that came out a couple of years ago. It has a mix of their best stuff in my opinion.... however, I also have Americas, Heat of the Sun, Live, & Guitarras. I'll eventually add more to my collection, but like I said, the "Best of..." is what I keep going back to. :)
As for own solo CD, I have been working on a flamenco disc for the last few months, and am about 4 sons shy of being finished. Unfortunately, due to the unfortunate issues that I'm currently dealing with, it's put a bit of a hold on it for now... but hopefully soon, I will be back at it, and will hopefully have it finished before the end of the year. :)
Also, if you;re into the flamenco thing... make sure to check out some of the following as well:
Jesse Cook
Lara & Reyes (another link)
Ottmar Liebert
Chuscales
& Armik

~D

After having recently becoming a fan of PoO I am truly sad of
what came to be. David, I truly hope that the band will return in fine form
as u were before. I just recently found out through a mutual friend whom
u know very well and decided to join the forum and post my reply. Best of
luck to u and Chris Herring and i'll be waiting for your next musical journey
Sincerley,
Tank

Tank101 said:
After having recently becoming a fan of PoO I am truly sad of
what came to be. David, I truly hope that the band will return in fine form
as u were before. I just recently found out through a mutual friend whom
u know very well and decided to join the forum and post my reply. Best of
luck to u and Chris Herring and i'll be waiting for your next musical journey
Sincerley,
Tank
Heya Tank,

Thanks for the reply as well as the well wishes!!!! We are definitely looking forward to the new material as well as what great possibilities lie ahead for us. We will remain doing what Power of Omens is known for... just a bit more solid and fine-tuned. ;)
Just outta curiosity, who's the mutual friend??? :)
Of course if you feel more comfortable, you can always e-mail me in private: dave@powerofomens.com
I'm just really curious...hehehe
Anyway... we appreciate all of the support, and we will do everything we can to deliver and not disappoint.

~D

David,

I'm very happy that u responded and i'm glad that
u remembered through my email that was sent to u. Our mutual friend also
gives u her best. What makes PoO stand out the most was the attention to detail in your music and that fact that it sounds FURIOUS as well. I am a Dream
Theater fan as well as a Rush fan and let me tell u man your cd was a breath of fresh air. I'm glad that u guys are going to continue on. Always remember that
change is always for the better.
sincerley,
Tank (Fausto)

P.S. Chris Herring is one Monster Bass PLayer

"Changes aren't permanent, but Change is." -Neil Peart

Thanks for the kind words, Tank- I'm glad that you dig my stuff!

What the future holds should be interesting. With PofO moving to the big "D", allowing me to finally get some much needed rehearsals with the band, things will only get better, I assure you.

What the future holds can only burn brighter than the embers of the past-

Chris H.

PS: OMDave- Hmmm. Chapman Stick.... :)

Chris,

What i meant was true and u definitely have some awesome
skills and if u incorparate the stick into your aresenal, dude...............as it
is your already in my top 10 list of favorite bass players man! That'll be insane
and i think u should give it a shot.
sincerly,
Tank (Fausto)

1.Geddy Lee
2.John Myung
3.Victor Wooten
4.John Pattitucci
5.Doug Wimbish
6.Geezer Buttler
7.Tony Levin
8.Flea
9.Chris Herring
10.Ron Carter

Tank101 said:
Chris,

What i meant was true and u definitely have some awesome
skills and if u incorparate the stick into your aresenal, dude...............as it
is your already in my top 10 list of favorite bass players man! That'll be insane
and i think u should give it a shot.
sincerly,
Tank (Fausto)

1.Geddy Lee
2.John Myung
3.Victor Wooten
4.John Pattitucci
5.Doug Wimbish
6.Geezer Buttler
7.Tony Levin
8.Flea
9.Chris Herring
10.Ron Carter

Wow, I'm truly honored (and intimidated at the same time :) )...

No Michael Manring or Stu Hamm listed? I beat out those dudes? Surely you jest (although I'll take the great compliment)!!

Chris H