Sad News

Dave - Power of Omens

some guitar player
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
powerofomens.com
This comes with great sadness, as this day was not one that any of us would have ever thought would come. However, Alex Arellano and Chris Salinas have both decided to part ways with Power of Omens. We always thought that we would continue on for years and years to come creating the music that we are best known for. It seems that both of the guys have now reached a point in their lives where they seek a different direction from where the band was headed. Alex, unfortunately decided that it would be best for him to bow out due to his lack of interest in compromising with the rest of the members of the band. In doing so, we wish Alex the best of luck in his future endeavors. As for Chris, his choice to follow a band who gives him more room as a vocalist led him to his decision to leave Power of Omens as well. We wish him luck with his Mindcrime project, as well as his new found band with the members from the Houston based band Z-Lot-Z

In no way does this mean that Power of Omens has died or disbanded. Both Chris Herring and myself will continue on with the complex prog tradition that the band has been known for, and will begin actively auditioning replacements for both Chris and Alex. If anyone is interested in trying out, please contact:
powerofomens@powerofomens.com
The band will soon be based out of Dallas, Texas, and anyone considering either of the positions will have to keep this in mind. It is sad to see half of the band go, but we promise to come back stronger and better than ever.

Sincerely,
David Gallegos & Chris Herring
Power of Omens

After almost 6 years of knowing/working with these guys, this feels like my family is breaking up..so sad. Alex and Chris, you will be missed! Dave and Chris, best of luck to you in this new chapter of Power of Omens history! *hugs and love for you all*

ToddS said:
This is truely sad news. :( PoO are suck a unique band! A breath of fresh air in the prog-metal world. I hope things work out for you all.

All the best

Todd
Thanks Todd!!!

It is very sad news, and although we may NEVER be exactly the same, we do promise not to stray far from unique style we were known for. It may take a little time to regroup, but we'll be back stronger and better than ever. ;)

~D

sorry to hear the news Dave, but maybe this will be best for the band. Only time will tell. One thing to know is that you have the support of a lot of people, myself included. I got divorced back in 1996, and at first I thought that it was the end of the world, etc. But, many years later, I moved on, and realized that things happen for a reason. So, just look to the future. I am behind you!

Mike

Damn, this is sad news indeed, as Chris and Alex were great musicians and instrumental in forging Power Of Omens' sound, and the gap left by their departure will be an enormous task to fill...I wish them the best in any future projects, and I hope the rest of the band fulfills Dave's promise to return with their strength intact.

Thanks for the support guys!!!
As unfortunate as this may be, things are already looking up... we received alot of great responses yesterday and I think we may be up and running alot sooner than we had imagined. :)

Chris and I vow to keep the Power of Omens signature as intact as possible only to solidfy and to become more uniform as a band rather than 4 musicians playing the same song in our own seperate little worlds.
The future is indeed already looking brighter. :)

~D

This news really bummed me out when I first read it yesterday. :(

BUT, I'm trying to have a positive attitude. I'll do my best to keep up with the future of PofO as well as what Chris S. and Alex get involved with.

Good luck to all the guys!!!!!!!

Stacy

Dave that is good to hear man. Glad to know PoO is going to continue in the same style. Oh and sorry for the typo (which I now corrected), thats what get for being in such a hurry I guess.

Cheers!

Todd

FataMorgana said:
This news really bummed me out when I first read it yesterday. :(

BUT, I'm trying to have a positive attitude. I'll do my best to keep up with the future of PofO as well as what Chris S. and Alex get involved with.

Good luck to all the guys!!!!!!!

Stacy
I'm sorry Stacy :( ...we didn't mean to bum you out.... Believe me, we tried working things out in the end, but unfortunately we just could not come to an agreement that would keep everyone happy. It's sad, but unfortunately, there was no changing anyone's minds when it was all said and done. Chris wanted one extreme, Alex wanted the complete opposite extreme, and Herring and myself were right in the middle...well when you pull too hard from both sides of the extreme, eventually it's gonna tear...and that's what happened. :( Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the new stuff just as much, if not better, than the original stuff. We always caught slack for one reason or another, and now we have an opportunity to fix that, and come out better than ever. So hopefully you won't completely give up on us :)

~D

ToddS said:
Dave that is good to hear man. Glad to know PoO is going to continue in the same style. Oh and sorry for the typo (which I now corrected), thats what get for being in such a hurry I guess.

Cheers!

Todd
Heya Todd,

Good to see you're a bit more relieved...heheh. You know, if Herring and I felt that we could not or did not want to follow in the same style, we would have just called it quits as a full band, and he and I would have started a new band, with a new name... but Power of Omens runs in our blood... it has been for 9 years with me in particular, and since I write all the keyboard and guitar parts, musically no matter what I do, would always sound like Power of Omens... heheh ;-)
Besides the way I see it, who ever we find to replace the guys will have to be capable of playing the older material, and if they're capable of doing that, they'll be capable of keeping the tradition and style alive. Fortunately, we already have a few people who are interested, and things look really good. However like I mentioned above, there will be a few things that we'll clean up and fix to make us a more uniform band... and less of 4 musicians playing the same tune.

~D

Would you look at that....Dave apologizing for bumming me out!

Dave, you are such a kind-hearted person. :) Most importantly, I hope that YOU (and Chris H., Chris S., and Alex) are happy with the situation!! I really do look forward to what the future holds musically for all of ya!

Take care,
Stacy

OmensGirl said:
" When setbacks on the course of life appear to block your way.
You find an inner couarge that grows stronger day by day....
Remember to believe...believe in yourself
."

I know you (David) and Chris H will bounce back..... I honestly believe that. You will pass these rough waters and you will truly find inspiration to not only complete the band to what it once was... but only better. Have faith, most of all, have hope and have patience to pursue the dream of 'music'.
Your loyal fans, will support you.

Best of luck to you both in continuing the Power of Omens dream.

Good luck to Alex and Chris S with their future musical projects.
O.G., it's good to see you here again, and thank you so much for the well wishes and positive vibes. We'll definitely be back...and stronger than ever... our fans deserve that!!! :)

~D

FataMorgana said:
Would you look at that....Dave apologizing for bumming me out!

Dave, you are such a kind-hearted person. :) Most importantly, I hope that YOU (and Chris H., Chris S., and Alex) are happy with the situation!! I really do look forward to what the future holds musically for all of ya!

Take care,
Stacy
Thanks Stacy!!!! :)
Although none of us are happy with this outcome, I think in the end, we'll all be happy when we're doing what our hearts desire ...and for Chris H and I... that's Power of Omens. ;)

~D

:hotjump:DAMNIT!! Ok, sorry it took so long to reply.... I too am a bit bummed, but I know how hard it is to keep people within the band happy with the music going on. I hope you guys get back on your feet very soon. From your last post Dave, it sounds like good news. Would that be a drummer and vocalist found? Hey, my drummer and I are looking for a band! o_O

Anyway, good luck!!!!

well I hope the other guys do well with their endeavors but truthfully, the two of you who are staying were always the part of the band who kept me entertained, so... if it has to be, this is the best for me!

(self serving, selfish Lizard, hahaha)

hey Jaxx, when are we getting something new from shadow gallery anyway, I'm getting antsy

Long time no post! Just wish it hadn't been prompted by such unfortunate circumstances.

Damn shame. Always sad when members leave. Especially so when there's so much collective talent on the line, as in this case.
I hope you manage to find suitable replacements for Alex and Chris.

Best of luck to both Alex and Chris in their projects, too.

Hopefully it won't be long for anyone, either, so you can all still benefit from the reputation Power of Omens have built up. Power of Omens have stood out and been one of the names to watch out for in a genre so full of Symphony X and Dream Theater wannabes.

All the best guys,

Lee

Denis said:
:hotjump: DAMNIT!! Ok, sorry it took so long to reply.... I too am a bit bummed, but I know how hard it is to keep people within the band happy with the music going on. I hope you guys get back on your feet very soon. From your last post Dave, it sounds like good news. Would that be a drummer and vocalist found? Hey, my drummer and I are looking for a band! o_O

Anyway, good luck!!!!
Sorry for the late reply... I haven't been online a whole lot these last few days.... but the goods news is yes a possible annoucement soon of 3 new members ;)
I can't really say much more right now... as we're still auditioning and keeping things fair until Chris and I make a final decision. :)
I tell ya what Denis, if you're serious, and have a way of recording your vocals as well as your drummer on top of the music I send you, I'd love to hear what you two can do with the our songs. :)

Send me an e-mail and we can discuss it more if ya want.

~D

lizard said:
well I hope the other guys do well with their endeavors but truthfully, the two of you who are staying were always the part of the band who kept me entertained, so... if it has to be, this is the best for me!

(self serving, selfish Lizard, hahaha)
Very very cool!!! Thanks Lizard!!! I promise to keep things as interesting as they've ever been.

~D

Ultima Ibanez Overlord said:
Long time no post! Just wish it hadn't been prompted by such unfortunate circumstances.

Hopefully it won't be long for anyone, either, so you can all still benefit from the reputation Power of Omens have built up. Power of Omens have stood out and been one of the names to watch out for in a genre so full of Symphony X and Dream Theater wannabes.

All the best guys,

Lee
Hey Lee!!!

It's so good to hear from you again... it has been a while. How are things for you on the music front???
Well, hopefully if things continue to go as well as they have been, the new Power of Omens CD will start taking shape very very soon.

~D

lizard said:
hey Jaxx, when are we getting something new from shadow gallery anyway, I'm getting antsy
I have no clue..they're not saying much on their mailing list, & Mike Baker seems to have forgotten how to answer e-mail.. :lol: