Christmas haul...

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
...well, heres what I got:

Iced Earth - Alive In Athens 3CD
Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory 2CD (making my IE collection complete!)
Grave Digger - The Grave Digger (digi)
Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons
Katatonia - Dance Of December Souls (Tonights Decision is next on my cd list)

..and I also picked up the "Detroit Rock City" DVD (is music related :)) and ordered the Dream Theater "Scenes From A Memory" DVD from hmv.com.au the other day.

:headbang:

I got the Best o' Brucie (at long last!) and the 2CD version of The Crimson Idol. Among other things I also got a Hi-5 calendar, which is just the thing for my bedroom ceiling ;).

Unfortunately, my Dark Genesis box set still hasn't arrived, but I've just sent off for:

Iced Earth: Alive In Athens- 3CD version
Black Sabbath: Live Evil
Judas Priest: British Steel (remastered +2 bonus tracks)
Judas Priest: Painkiller

I picked up Deep Purple's Purplexed on sale yesterday too. Not essential, but not bad for $10.

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
2CD version of The Crimson Idol. W

What did you think of the acoustic version of the idol?? I LOVE it! Phantoms in the mirror and the eulogy are also fanbloodytastic!

I *love* the acoustic version of The Idol. Hold On To My Heart ain't too shabby either, and When The Levee Breaks is one of the most faithful Zep covers I've heard.

Also just got Creedence Clearwater Revival's Anniversary Edition best-of for absolutely free (something to do with merit points at my local CD store) and... wait for it... Dark Genesis :headbang:

Absolutely mucking farvellous!

W

Question for any Melbourne people.....

WHERE THE HELL CAN I BUY PAINKILLER???? AND WHY DOES NOT ONE STORE IN THIS CITY HAVE IT?

Surely you can find it somewhere like HMV? If I can find it up here in Brisbane, then it has to be in such a cultural place like Melbourne :)

They used to have heaps of copies at JB.
I suggest waiting for the remastered version to be released.

I thought all the Priest remasters were released? I've seen them everywhere... but come to think about it, I've only seen up to Screaming For Vengeance. They mustn't have released the later ones yet.

Spiff: You'd think so, but in every JB Hi-Fi, every independent record store which sells lots of metal (including Metal Mayhem even), every 2nd hand store, and even the occasion time I've checked a crap CD shop like Sanity or HMV (which obviously didn't even have ANY Priest except maybe British Steel).... I haven't seen it anywhere! Oh well hehe.

Anyone know when the rest of the remasters will be released then? :)

(Why does Painkiller need to be remastered? It sounds perfect already!)

Originally posted by The Trooper
I thought all the Priest remasters were released? I've seen them everywhere... but come to think about it, I've only seen up to Screaming For Vengeance. They mustn't have released the later ones yet.

Anyone know when the rest of the remasters will be released then? :)

April 2001

BRITISH STEEL
POINT OF ENTRY
SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE
DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH

October 2001

SIN AFTER SIN
STAINED CLASS
KILLING MACHINE (entitled HELL BENT FOR LEATHER in the USA)
UNLEASHED IN THE EAST

Beginning 2002

TURBO
PRIEST......LIVE!
RAM IT DOWN
PAINKILLER