Christmas Shopping at The End

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
help me out here, i plan on buying my dude friends xmas shitz at The End.

Friend 1:
is on a big Autolux kick right now, and enjoys stoner as much as i do. was thinking something noisy, but with groove. or something.

Friend 2:
isn't really into metal, but really digs non-metal Ulver type stuff.

Friend 3:
likes whacked out stuff like Bungle, but not too whacky like ELS. showed me that group Boud Deun.

Friend 4:
is a fucking fag.

Friend 5:
likes Opeth, Tool, Yes, King Crimson, and Pink Floyd. likes to experiment with new shit, he just doesn't very often. cheap bastard.

Friend 6:
is a pothead who likes non-synth music and really dug Opeth - Deliverance (the song) when i played it for him last week.

Friend 7:
likes Yngwie and The Jester Race, and anything with shredding.

Friend 8:
looks like the big bald nazi who gets his shit ruined in Raiders of the Lost Ark, hates the Beatles.

Friend 9:
cheap pothead bastard who likes stupid hippie shit (if i'm saying it, it must be stupid). ah nevermind, he drinks all my beer and never brings his own, he ain't getting shit.

i have ideas of what to get, but in case you dudes can think of something really :kickass: then there you go.

Friend 5 has Themes and Kveldssanger, should've mentioned that. maybe Perdition City though, he digs stuff like Sigor Rusrosrs so there you go.

Manowar, excellent. i think i'll do that just to fuck with him. usually i get that dude some ace metal like Hypocrisy because his music collection is like 50% rad shit, and then 50% shit like Leann Rhimes and Saliva WTF.

Friend 1:
Yob?

Friend 2:
Antimatter - Light Out?

Friend 5:
Ulver - Blood Inside

Friend 6:
Enslaved - Mardraum

Friend 7:
Winds - The Imaginary Direction of Time

Friend 9:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor?

I'm not going to bother checking if the end has any of these but...
Lur said:
Friend 1:
is on a big Autolux kick right now, and enjoys stoner as much as i do. was thinking something noisy, but with groove. or something.
Kyuss?

Lur said:
Friend 2:
isn't really into metal, but really digs non-metal Ulver type stuff.
The Future Sound of London?

Lur said:
Friend 3:
likes whacked out stuff like Bungle, but not too whacky like ELS. showed me that group Boud Deun.
Ulver

Lur said:
Friend 4:
is a fucking fag.
Elton John

Lur said:
Friend 5:
likes Opeth, Tool, Yes, King Crimson, and Pink Floyd. likes to experiment with new shit, he just doesn't very often. cheap bastard.
The Mars Volta, Faust

Lur said:
Friend 6:
is a pothead who likes non-synth music and really dug Opeth - Deliverance (the song) when i played it for him last week.
Opeth duh.

Lur said:
Friend 7:
likes Yngwie and The Jester Race, and anything with shredding.
Dark Tranquility, Opeth :?

Lur said:
Friend 8:
looks like the big bald nazi who gets his shit ruined in Raiders of the Lost Ark, hates the Beatles.
Graveland

Chromatose said:
does Friend 3 listen to Secret Chiefs 3?
yep and he's been bugging me to check them out for a looooong time now. :loco:

good suggestions fellers, i'll probably go a-purchasin' in the next day or two. The End has a 6.66% off sale until 12/3, so before then.

Friend 1: Karma to Burn

Friend 2: Autechre

Friend 3: Ephel Duath

Friend 4: Muse

Friend 5: Agalloch

Friend 6: Well... Opeth?

Friend 7: Joe Satriani

Friend 8: Der Blutharsch

Friend 9: Teh Mars Volta

1. Comets On Fire, or Kinski...since when did Subpop become a semi-decent label? :)
2. Arcturus maybe? If he insists on non-metal, a post-rock conversion may be in order...
3. Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (NAD, make a note to self to reward yourself with their albums) or some Zappa bootlegs.
4. Children Of Bodom
5. Kayo Dot (or for something more accessible but still unconventional, Pain Of Salvation)
6. Opeth, and lots of it
7. Symphony X
8. Nokturnal Mortum
9. any stoner/psych you hate (does that even exist?) and/or sounds inauthentic. Like Bigelf. (sorry, but some of their well-meaning homages make me wince...)

is it shitcanned for good now? that sucks. :(

seriously, it's the only thing worth watching on TV. up there with the Simpsons, Seinfeld, Married with Children, and... nope, that's it. well That 70's Show was pretty good until the last season. and of course a few shows that never made it past like 3 episodes, like The Job. reminds me, i caught like 5 minutes of Friends the other night. i'd call it vapid, but that would be way too difficult a word for that show to figure out. :rolleyes:

oh yeah i might totally cheap out and give them used CDs from my own collection that i no longer listen to. what a friend. :loco: