The I listen to heavy music thread

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Have you ever been encountered with a friend or friend of a friend who states my boyfriend listens to really heavy music, or I listen to really heavy music; and then you find out they listen to Alice in Chains, Mudvayne, System of a Down, Tool, etc?

I find it quite amusing as it happens to me all the time with people I meet. Generally friends of mine, will say, you have no idea what he listens to- that shit sounds like the SPice girls next to his shit. Its just such a shame, we have people hat yearn for good heavy music, but dont know what it is or how to get it.

The only times I encounter something similar is when someone will ask what type of music I listen to, and I usually say "heavy metal" or "extreme music". THey then start naming the more popular "heavy" bands they've heard of such as Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Metallica, SLipknot, and Megadeth.

I then say say "No."

It's happened tons of times, and it pisses me off to no end.

"Hi.. My name's FREDRIK.. And I'm into all sorts of EXTREME FUCKIN' METAL."
"Cool, which bands?"
"Slipknot, Metallica, Linkin Park, Evanescence, shit like that."
"Burn."

Same.

Of course last year at college , Linkin Park was considered as heavy and will probably be in university but that issue from mainstream people .

it's really all relative...one man's heavy is another man's lite.
and down in cincinnati don't you have neighborhoods where Black Polka is cutting edge? :loco:
hardcore.jpg

I used to meet people like that, but mostly when I meet metal people it's at a death metal show and they already know good heavy stuff.

This is NAD by the way. I think I'm bored with my other account, because you know, it's uhh, so much different than this one.

actually I'm quite nice. I like puppies, skipping through fields of flowers, and reading Oprah's magazine to get in touch with my feminine side.

here is a pic of my girlfriend. as you can tell she is no stranger to cosying up to the sausage
queen.jpg

I'm feeling a strong urge to go visit my close openminded friends on the opeth board.

no, but she braids my pubes. she says it makes my dick look like lenny kravitz used to.

heh, what the hell is going on?

Paris Hilton, huh? The one girl that proves you don't have to be poor to be white trash.

Yes Lizard, the black polka is huge in Cincy.

The Black Polka was developed in the ghetto in response to black men dodging bullets from Cincy cops, and other black men. ITs an interesting dance, alot of sudden movements, a kneeling cowering position for part of it, etc. And the dance is a testament to both the cultural influence and creativity of Racism and Drugs. Together, they are an unstoppable cultural force. I understand the dance has made its way to Dayton, but its having difficuly in Northern Kentucky, due to an overabundance of white hillbillies and lack of brothers.