The "what was I thinking?" thread.

I was gonna point out Opeth, but I thought it was common knowledge that they were once friggin' awesome and now suck the hairy fatty.

J. said:
No shame there. I had a few Korn, Soulfly, POD, and the SLipknot debut CDs. And like you, I started listening to this stuff after listening to older Metallica, Megadeth, SUicidal Tendencies, old school Biohazard, Sick of It All, and Life of Agony.
After? Don't you mean before? How would anyone get into Korn or Soulfly after Metallica or Megadeth? :confused:

Children of Bodom - Used to think they were amazing, now I find them completely boring and uninteresting. Alexi is a glam fag.

Nile - Used to think they were the most awesome/brilliant death metal band ever. Now I can't stand to listen to even 30 seconds of them. Their guitar solos are fucking heinous.

311 - I listened to them from 3rd grade (yes) to 8th grade. I really have no idea what I ever liked about them.

J. said:
I loved Kristallnacht the moment I played Of Elitism and War.

Thanks and Hails goes to JayK for that one.
Funnily enough, with all the mention of Total Holocaust Records recently...a month or two back they got the Adversary/Creation Through Destruction MCD (the latter has a cover of Breaking The Law by Judas Priest on it, wtf?!!!! :D), and v recently The Funeral Years CD and Soldiers Of Triumphant Sun and Warspirit cassettes. That's most of the whole fucking discography there! I'm so pissed off that I'm skint!

While I'm at it, does anyone have the Gathered Under The Banner Of Concilium split?

I didnt listen to Black and Death metal, cuz I thought it was ridiculous and a joke. I still hold this opinion, but I now listen to such music- appreciate it, but still laugh at it.

I listened to power/prog metal for about 3 months, cuz my band at the time became a power metal band. I dont think i have listened to a power metal band other than old sanctuary for 6 years now, and every time I see the old power/prog cds, I get embarrassed I could ever like something so stupid.

Ayeka said:
Funnily enough, with all the mention of Total Holocaust Records recently...a month or two back they got the Adversary/Creation Through Destruction MCD (the latter has a cover of Breaking The Law by Judas Priest on it, wtf?!!!! :D), and v recently The Funeral Years CD and Soldiers Of Triumphant Sun and Warspirit cassettes. That's most of the whole fucking discography there! I'm so pissed off that I'm skint!

While I'm at it, does anyone have the Gathered Under The Banner Of Concilium split?
The stuff I've got from them is:

The Funeral Years
Of ELitism and War
Gathered Under the Banner of COncilium split
Adversary/Creation Through Destruction

Babrbarian Wrath Vinland has Creation Through Destruction for like $8 p/p within the US. I think Red Stream recently got Funeral Years.

That debut Korn album came out when I was first discovering Carcass, Type O, Machine Head, Slayer, Morbid Angel, and others, but I still enjoy it every so often.

J. said:
The stuff I've got from them is:

The Funeral Years
Of ELitism and War
Gathered Under the Banner of COncilium split
Adversary/Creation Through Destruction

Babrbarian Wrath Vinland has Creation Through Destruction for like $8 p/p within the US. I think Red Stream recently got Funeral Years.
I'm so jealous! :yell: So...what's that Priest cover like?

Erik said:
LOLOL what u dont get=? uits lyke this...,.,..,,. hHAHa i dont liEK thatold shit ass :yuk:"METAL" like metalica and megadeath and iron madein and,,,.,. dep lepard and bon jovi and poison:yuk: THAT SHIT SUX MAN y know im not like 50 if u know what i mean lol?????????+:err: :lol: :lol: :eek: i mean all the new shit liek slip knot and ..distrubed _rock: and you know all the new shit there like to tal modern and eh more like you know HEAVY and.. FUK THAT OLD SHIT MAGOTZ 4 LYFE,.,.,.,.,.,.,. dude.......fuckin metal til death COF \m/ \m/ \m/:headbang: STAY FUKIN SIKK

also i like how thears rap bc its liek more modern and i totaly know what hes sayin with al that shit i mean i grow up on the street to man its rouchg
I hope this makes the liner notes of the Lethal album, that would rule.

NAD said:
That debut Korn album came out when I was first discovering Carcass, Type O, Machine Head, Slayer, Morbid Angel, and others, but I still enjoy it every so often.
I was heavily into my Biohazard, LOA phase at that time ('94 right?). I didn't find Type O until '96

Yeah, '94. I was listening to LoA and Biohazard then too, funny how much I've loved State of the World Address since back then, but never bought any other Biohazard. Probably should one of these days. I think '94 was my biggest year for music, I discovered all kinds of crazy crap then.