Christmas

Human Desert

Pirun Morsian
Nov 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
www.thalesband.com
So, how are you going to spend your christmas?

I'm going out of this ugly non-snowy city to my parents' place on the countryside and dragging my boyfriend with me :) Christmas isn't christmas unless there's lots of snow and a nice silent walk in the forests with no stupid cars around ruining everything. At the moment i have no christmas spirit at all because i'm stuck in this stupid city where there's no snow. But christmas will be good :cool:

I'll go back to Germany on Friday and will - probably - arive late in the evening. I'm spending christmas with my family and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. Has been a long time...
Saturday morning my best male friend invited me to breakfast with his girlfriend, I will bring my best female friend, too. So, the 3 most important people to me finally meetin again and having breakfast together. This is something I'm so looking forward to! It will be awesome!!! *happy*

With my girlfriend and family, as usual. All of my friends are out of the city, being the lucky bastards they are.

Presents, mmmh... the usual, books, CDs, maybe a DVD.

with my boyfriend (reminds me i still have to buy the train ticket :p ) .
it will be the second year in a row i dont spend christmas with my family.

here we rarely have a white christmas, which sucks :p

Dark_Silence said:
with my boyfriend (reminds me i still have to buy the train ticket :p ) .
it will be the second year in a row i dont spend christmas with my family.

here we rarely have a white christmas, which sucks :p
Maybe the snow lasts until christmas? :)
And you really must have a masochistic side to go through the whole programm there. You cant say I didnt warn you :p

i'm going at my mom's on friday night, will spend sat-sun with family and see some mates. i'll come back here on monday.

King Chaos said:
Best finnish metal band at the moment i'd say... really hard to get a hold of over here though :(... But Doomy melodic metal will certainly fill my day with cheer :D
Yep, definitely one of the best. I can only listen to it pretty rarely though, because it's so depressing :erk:
Have you heard Before The Dawn and Rapture? Since you like STS, you should hear Before The Dawn. Download 'Alone', it's definitely one of my all time favorite songs.

I will be working away from home, either on a Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, actually looking forward to it, cuz I'd be sitting at home and getting drunk otherwise (which, honestly, I really dislike). Everything gona be closed down and shit gona hit the fan (the least I need is another depression).

While working, I'm going to be with a friend, and keeping busy will keep me away from trouble :p

As of presents, I've got mine already (for the reasons of necessity): a new laptop. And going to buy a camcorder for myself, if I find a good offer in the stores.

The Bringer said:
Well it's snowing out right now... But again, this is Finland. I am sure it'll be a white Christmas!
Like I am sure I wont have snow here in Sardinia.... :/
Snow is very very very rare here....
but we always have sunny days all the year round...:hotjump:

I already exchanged presents with my boyfriend. I gave him a cellphone, clothes, a computer game etc, and he gave me this awesome gothic-style jewelry box and a necklace and earrings, clothes, new slippers that i've needed for a long time and lots of other nice stuff :) Everyone thinks we're insane because we spend all our money on eachother's presents.
So on christmas i'll be getting presents from my parents :) And today i'm going out with my boyfriend's mom to get her present for me.

Human Desert said:
Yep, definitely one of the best. I can only listen to it pretty rarely though, because it's so depressing :erk:
Have you heard Before The Dawn and Rapture? Since you like STS, you should hear Before The Dawn. Download 'Alone', it's definitely one of my all time favorite songs.
Well I know how much you love them ;), and that's encouraging, but they're just insanely hard to find over here, as with most finnish bands which are doing well in there own country :(... And I hear you on the depressing thing. Rainy day music :) I love it when I'm feeling sorry for myself and I can listen to Neurosis :lol:

Still no snow over here!!! Booooo!!! :yuk: Everywhere but leeds is snowed in hahaha. I don't know if Im happy or sad. If I had to go to uni (8 mile bus journey into town through hardcore traffic) then I'd be happy, but because I'm at home writing music and generally wasting away, I'm sad, because snows ace when I'm inside.

King Chaos said:
Well I know how much you love them ;), and that's encouraging, but they're just insanely hard to find over here, as with most finnish bands which are doing well in there own country :(... And I hear you on the depressing thing. Rainy day music :) I love it when I'm feeling sorry for myself and I can listen to Neurosis :lol:

Still no snow over here!!! Booooo!!! :yuk: Everywhere but leeds is snowed in hahaha. I don't know if Im happy or sad. If I had to go to uni (8 mile bus journey into town through hardcore traffic) then I'd be happy, but because I'm at home writing music and generally wasting away, I'm sad, because snows ace when I'm inside.
Yeah, when i'm down i turn the lights off, light some candles, lay on the bed and listen to Swallow The Sun and other music like that \m/ What a true goth, lol :rofl:

This morning I read all these previous posts about you guys enjoying so much Swallow The Sun. Of course, me being only 20 and Canadian, I never heard of that band...Now the funny thing is that, this afternoon I went at my favorite record store hoping to find some new reason to burn my money and oh surprise, I stumble upon "The Morning Never Came" by you know who. So I bought it and it's GREAT. I love it! Along with Opeth this is the best cold winter nights music I've ever heard...