What song...

Reminds you of someone you miss? Who and why?
Mindy McCready - Long Long Time. I can relate to the lyrics, it makes me miss that person so much that all I can do is sit still and do my best to numb down the emotions.

Reminds you of something beautiful, and what was it?
MDB - Two Winters Only. Can't and won't say.

Reminds you of 'good old times', what?
Cpex - Dikke Lu. My friend and I couldn't understand a word so we made up our own lyrics.

Brings back sad memories, what?
Chris Isaak - Wicked Game. Again, I can't say :cry: EToS - The River Flows Frozen, for a similar reason. Jeff Buckley - Forget Her.

Makes you daydream of something good, what?
Send Me An Angel (by whomever), Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive :lol: I can't help it, it makes me smile and lifts my spirits.

Made you cry when you first heard it, why?
Anathema - One Last Goodbye, Eva Cassidy - Autumn Leaves, Jacques Brel - Ne me quitte pas, Maurane - Je voulais te dire que je t'attends. I know there are more but I can't think of them now :p

Makes you cry every time you hear it, why?
Bob Carlisle - Butterfly Kisses. ARGH. It's not horribly sad but it kills me every time I hear it. Surprisingly that's the only song that makes me cry without fail.

Makes you smile every time you hear it, why?
Soooooooo many. Most songs by Tom Jones, BeeGees, any cheesy song. OH. Black Lace - Agadoo because it reminds me of Josh (L)

Ah, Scorpions - Winds Of Change :p When i was at my sister's wedding 2 weeks ago, i hung out with my cousin/ex-best friend and we talked about things and i felt important to him again, even though we've been apart and had some problems lately. There was a live band playing there, and the last slow song was Winds Of Change and we danced to it and hugged..it was so cute.. *sigh* I'm listening to the song right now and i can't help smiling stupidly and almost crying :p

taaaake meee to the magic of the moment lalalaa...

:lol: :eek:

edit: Oh i really can't get over this now, haha. I have a feeling this song will be on repeat the whole night now.
Taaake meeee to the magic of the moment on a glooory night..Those lyrics fit it perfectly, haha. Really was magic of the moment there, i remember exactly how i felt..I had the same adoring smile on my face that i do now, and he did too..aaerguhh..We just stared at each other and kept smiling, it was sweet. Yeh yeh i'll stop the cheesiness now before someone shoots me :p

Opeth - Nectar. I got a good friend of mine into Opeth, we listened to Morningrise a lot before I had to move far away.

I'm not sure about reminding me, but Samuel Barber's Adagio For Strings stirs something in me that I feel is a natural beauty of music. Most of Raison D'etre's later albums also give me a similar feeling.

As with question 1. Seoultura's Roots album comes to mind too.

Limbonic Art - In Mourning Mystique...memories of my 18th birthday.

Samuel Barber's Adagio For Strings; Dead Can Dance's The Carnival Is Over; Raison D'etre's Spiraal, Ascent of the Blessed and The Well of Sadness; Arcana's Love Eternal, Source of Light and Closure.
I shall stop here before I get cramped fingers :p

Not necessarily cry, but well up with sadness:
Limbonic Art's In Mourning Mystique. It had an epic/symphonic feel to it and I wasn't feeling the greatest at the time.
Raison D'etre's The Hidden Hollows. Deep stuff.
Dead Can Dance's The Host Of Seraphim. Lisa Gerrard has a transcendental voice theat can portray more than many words could ever attempt.

Most of the above.

Pick from the above.

(These are just form the top of my head. I may edit later.)

idari said:
Pfft, you're so boring Lasse :p
Nevertheless, he has a good taste.

I have so many songs that are associated with all my dearest people and the important moments of my life... Listing them all here would be madness. There's simply too much.

The Darkness - Love Is Only A Feeling :eek: This song always makes me smile all the way through it, because it makes me feel careless and free and stuff, AND it reminds me of Li because it's our song :p

Carl Orff - O Fortuna (also the rest of Carmina Burana, but mainly this part) reminds me of the Cuevas del Canalobre somewhere near Alicante in Spain. We went there a couple of years ago, and for a while in there it was all quiet. Then Carmina Burana started playing all of a sudden, and every time I hear it now I think of all the stalagmites and stalactites, and all the formations and coloured lights in there, it was amazing and really creepy as well.

http://www.canelobre.com/html/views.htm for some pics that really don't do it justice.

Dream Theater's "Dissapear", just because I'm afraid that it will (without the obvious overtones of the girl dying...) embody my relationships. For that matter, Anathema's "One Last Goodbye", as well.

I'm not sure that I actually have any that I've a beautiful memory associated with. One or two songs just make me think 'beauty', though, and one is definitely Aggaloch's "The Misshapen Steed".

Sentenced - "You Are the One". Cheesy, but in a romantic way. I loved the song, and wanted it to apply to her, but it wasn't going to happen. That, and she didn't like metal.

To go even farther back, I'd have to say... probably something by Metallica. Though I hate their long-sold-souls nowadays, there was a time I thought them tr00 metal, and would rock out to them with the band I was supposed to sing for. This was when I was 14 or so.

If I had to pick one, it would be Opeth's "To Bid You Farewell". I remember listening to that one song over and over while walking through a completely frozen and snow-blanketed NYC after finding out my ex had cheated on me, and knowing that part of me had died with that knowledge. Without that association, it would fall under the 'beautiful' heading, but alas...

Hehe. You'll probably think me mean for this, but I've always wanted to be the singer for a band that makes it big playing metal. That's not so bad. What's bad is that I want to play a show where my s/o (if one) is standing backstage, and I shout to all the groupie-esque girls that "This one's for you!" (in a nice way :p)... the launch into IF's "Zombie Inc." Hehe. Ok, so I'm a mean guy. Otherwise, just basically any song I've ever really wanted to be the frontman for live.

Have a bit of a list here... Opeth - TBYF, Katatonia - all of Tonight's Decision (do not buy during a breakup...), Armageddon - Well of Sadness, Anathema - Judgement (the album...).

Nowadays, I rarely cry to songs, unless I'm already sad. But two that always bring me close to the edge of depression are Opeth - TBYF, and Katatonia's "Tonight's Music".

Hehe... The Darkness - I Believe in a thing Called Love... or the remixed video ;)...

Also... just about anything that remind's me of a good friend, or of a good time in my life, or just something I'd love to play for a large group of people.

~kov.