Chronology MCMXCIV: Lucky US. A##holes

cyanopsis

Dec 11, 2001
Falun, Sweden
"Chronology MCMXCIV - MMV A live observation by Opeth"
Yes folks, that is the "title" for three exclusive gigs scheduled for NYC's Town hall centre (23/2), Chicago's House of blues (2/3) and LA's Wiltern theatre (14/3). These special seated events will consist of a chronologically played setlist, starting with music from the very first record "Orchid" and ending with vibes from the latest opus "Ghost reveries". These extended sets are exclusive to the three dates and there won't be any support bands on these nights. A good advice is to get your tickets quick as these are bound to sell out fast! Opeth and crew will also bring in extra production and screens in order to try and make this the ultimate Opeth live experience! The band promise a very varied setlist and songs never ever played before live! The setlist boasts no less than 4 songs that never before have been played on American soil and several others that haven't been played for years!

Well if not, someone will do it for them :)

btw the last pic from the P3 GULD 2005 is fucking hilarious :tickled:

God damnit I wanna go to those fucking shows! How fucking awesome is this shit, seriously some fucking ADVENT, NECTAR, BlackRose Immortal, TBYF, fucking SHIT FROM ORCHID, HOLY SHIT, I WANNA HEAR APOSTLE IN TRIUMPH AND MOST OF ALL THE TWILIGHT IS MY ROBE, but *sigh* I live in Oklahoma.

Damnit some fucker better take a video camera and bootleg these fucking shows!

well I still can't imagine my self "sitting" when they play something from MAYH or SL or Orchid...it'll be interesting.

And i can't imagine everyone sitting on there own seats... hahaha i thnk many big guys will kick someone's ass to get there seat :lol:

that sucks for people like me , since i'm going alone :cry:

No, of course not. Just don't include these 3 special events where they play their old stuf - wait to do all that when Lopez is back. Play the rest of the dates as normal using Axenrot on drums.

I doubt that these shows will turn into the next DVD as they had problems with the last DVD with the record companies that produced everything before BWP. Unless they sorted those issues out, I doubt we'll be seeing a new DVD from these shows, especially if they are playing stuff from orchid and such... Sigh.. I really wish they would though!