Chuck Billy on Iron Maiden-tribute!

Ravenous

Remotely Deranged
Apr 6, 2002
Sweden
hem.passagen.se
Have you heard "Numbers From The Beast"? Chuck is singing Fear Of The Dark and he does it great!

Also on this tribute is Alex Skolnick and John Tempesta, both on Wrathchild.

Check it out!

Ravenous said:
Have you heard "Numbers From The Beast"? Chuck is singing Fear Of The Dark and he does it great!

Also on this tribute is Alex Skolnick and John Tempesta, both on Wrathchild.

Check it out!

can't wait to hear it :headbang: - buut i may take a while before i get it here :confused:

I got it yesterday, obviously anything new with Chuck singing is cool, but it's not that great. You can definitely tell he's singing someone else's song as he sounds not like himself at points. The production is kinda flat and doesn't do his voice justice, as well as he is singing an Iron Maiden song which really isn't that heavy. The only Maiden song he should have sang should have been "Be Quick Or Be Dead", or maybe "Number of The Beast".

I agree with SlayerNPG. Cool but not great, also 'Fear of the Dark' is not in my favorite Maiden's songs.... And why they haven't put 'The Number of the Beast on this tribute ? Maybe other great songs could have been chosen...
Also for the Metallica tribute, I would have prefered to hear Chuck on an older song.....

Alex Skolnick is also on this Iron Maiden Tribute playing Wratchild ;)

Just heard it... i must admit i didn't like chuck's version of 'fear of the dark'.... but some other songs are cool ('the wicker man' sung by john bush über alles!).

Eyesore said:
Solitude Aeturnus' cover of "Hallowed Be Thy Name" is still the best Maiden cover I've ever heard. This new CD is very consistent, though, which is good.

Damn fucking right dude - then again Solitude Aeturnus are a damn fine band and one of the few I rate as highly as Testament. If you think that "Hallowed" is a good cover, check out their covers of Ozzy's "No More Tears" or Sabbaths "Heaven and Hell" - amazing band - recommended album "Through The Darkest Hour"

Bollox said:
Damn fucking right dude - then again Solitude Aeturnus are a damn fine band and one of the few I rate as highly as Testament. If you think that "Hallowed" is a good cover, check out their covers of Ozzy's "No More Tears" or Sabbaths "Heaven and Hell" - amazing band - recommended album "Through The Darkest Hour"
Pffft! No need to tell me! I have everything by them! :D They're one of my favorite bands!! They also have a live cover of Candlemass's "Well Of Souls" on a German compilation. It's not a good quality live version, though.

Have you heard Last Chapter's The Living Waters album? Robert Lowe sing guest vocals on that album! What about Concept Of God? Heard anything by them? If not go to http://www.eternalsolitude.com and listen to a demo. Damn good shit.

Eyesore said:
Pffft! No need to tell me! I have everything by them! :D They're one of my favorite bands!! They also have a live cover of Candlemass's "Well Of Souls" on a German compilation. It's not a good quality live version, though.

Have you heard Last Chapter's The Living Waters album? Robert Lowe sing guest vocals on that album! What about Concept Of God? Heard anything by them? If not go to http://www.eternalsolitude.com and listen to a demo. Damn good shit.

LOL - yes mate, I know Last Chapter - I was given "Living Waters" by John Perez when SA recorded Adagio here in England back in 98! Well Of Souls is a damn cool cover too, but the one they want to keep hidden is the Christmas carol "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" which I have here on a tape sent by Perez some years back.
Metal style "Carols" just dont work. Take it - you have all the demo's then like myself and also the Days Of Doom video?

Surprised you didnt mention the mindfucking "Liquid Sound Company" - cos the debut was a blinder!

COG is really something that needs finishing would you agree?

Just a shame that I've only seen em once live in the 14 years I've been into then - and I had to fly to Switzerland for that cos they've never played the UK, only come here to record albums