Church of Australian Metal

This may be considered more rock than metal but the 70's and 80's in Australia would not have been the same without the Tatts and their wild and crazy gigs. 5CD of live performances isn't a bad box set isn't bad for a bunch who influenced so many and are back on tour.

rosetattooscarred1980box.jpg

Reactions: jimmy101
Okay so my 2017 Aussie only top 10

1. Mammoth Mammoth – Mount The Mountain
2. Desert Kingdom – Desert Kingdom
3. Harlott - Extinction
4. Icarus Lives – Vantablack
5. Silent Knight – The Masterplan
6. Orb – Naturality
7. Mason – Impervious
8. Ritual Of The Oak – Mark III
9. Star Eternal – Life 2.0
10. Night Legion – Night Legion

HM
Silent Knight – The Angel Reborn EP
Ghosts Of Black River – Struggle On
Hypergiant – Father Sky
Motherslug – The Electric Dunes Of Titan

Wanna go 2016 now? :p

Reactions: CiG
There is a bit of power metal, a bit of trash and some mellow shit on that list.

But I did find myself having to be a bit critical with some albums, like Star Eternal. I like most of the songs but there is a couple that bring it down. Where as the Silent Knight EP was down graded because it only had one new song on it and some live tracks. I'm still wondering if maybe I was a bit to generous to Hypergiant giving it a HM.

I'll have to look at my 2016's now :)

Awe shit I forgot to add Dead Kelly's Australian Made to the 2017 list.
It's a good album for an undead rapper :)

Desecrater and Frenzal also had albums last year but Frenzal was no where near as good as their previous albums. Desecrater probably should have been a HM for me though, I don't think it was top 10.

10 favourite Australian metal albums of 2016:

1. Hellbringer - Awakened From the Abyss
2. Tarot - Reflections
3. Deströyer 666 - Wildfire
4. Sewercide - Immortalized in Suffering
5. Denouncement Pyre - Black Sun Unbound
6. Dire Fate - ...Where Undead Once Were
7. Coffin Lust - Manifestation of Inner Darkness
8. Incinerated - Avenged
9. Temple Nightside - The Hecatomb
10. Orb - Birth

This one was pretty easy, I'd only checked out 12 albums in 2016 by Australian metal bands and only had to refresh my memory on 3 of these albums, the rest pretty much never left semi-regular rotation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slammed
Oh we might have a few the same this time. I've got to listen to my 2016 list but I do see three familiar names.

I was looking at MA for a list of 2016 albums in aussie metal (and there is 484 or something listed) and I noticed there was quite a few bands who had EP and full albums out in the same year. I'll probably be leaving EP's off the list because I don't have many and some of those bands are hard to find on YT or other sites.

For MA's 2016 albums?

Disintegrater - Extreme Mutations is nearly a classic Aussie crossover album with 16 tracks and less than 18 minutes running time :)

I think in any of those search fields you're limited to more than 3 characters but you only need one field to search and it can be done for bands, albums and singles. It's pretty handy for such a specific search like we are doing here.

I've just found an EP I was thinking of putting in the list, but the YT link I found isn't complete. I need to see if I can find a better copy.