Church of Australian Metal

I wouldn't have forgotten Desecrator - To The Gallows in the 2017 list if I have used the search function properly. That was a good debut album for a thrash band.

Yeah it's not bad, I was listening to it this morning. The music is pretty good, the song writing not so good but it will probably make my 2016 list.

First track from the new Convent Guilt album was revealed. A slow-burning moody rocker which is basically perfect to tease an album because they know everybody will want to hear the faster stuff. Peak blue balls.

My 2016 Aussie list

1. Airborne – Breakin’ Outta Hell
2. Hellbringer – Awakened From The Abyss
3. Hazmat - Atonement
4. Largerstein – All For Rum, Rum For All
5. Taste – Life On Earth
6. Orb - Birthday
7. Disintegrator – Extreme Mutations
8. Elm Street – Knock ‘Em Dead...With A Metal Fist
9. Mammoth Mammoth – Mammoth Mammoth EP
10. Hobbs Angel Of Death – Heaven Bled

HM
Billabong Of Blood – Billabong Of Blood
Espionage – Wings Of Thunder EP
Reapers Riddle – The End Is Nigh
Tarot – Reflections
The Blacken – Life Love Death
Transcendent Sea – Ballads Of Drowning Men

Credit goes to Orb for writing a 16 minute song about an electric blanket.
Billabong Of Blood would have been higher on the list but the lyrics let the album down
Espionage's 2018 full release is better than their EP
Would be interested to see what, if any, follow up Hellbringer can offer given how Slayer-ish their debut is

Now time to catch up on shit from the rest of the world

Reactions: CiG
Actually you're right, I forgot about Dominion Of Darkness, it's been a while since I listened to it and I was thinking they only had the EP and Awakened From The Abyss.

Not sure what else is coming this year but I'm looking forward seeing what makes a list for the 2018 releases.

Listening to this atm I know it's not metal but I don't care, after 18 months on the road with these guys back in the 90's we had some rocking times and I still buy everything they release.

Gotcha-Covered-Final-Cover-Artwork-.jpg

Not sure what video that is but I didn't see them dress like that on stage thankfully. I do remember one gig down at Hallam (outer 'burb of Melb) where some of the woman in the crowd were dressed like Manowar though.

Now that is metal!!
Although the guy in the middle at the back looks a bit concerned.