Church of Australian Metal

This is horrendous.

Seriously dude, what is this? R. Kelly + being dead, but he's not dead, and actually making undead bad music? Just...delete your posts...and your account...

They aren't really to my liking but @CiG if you haven't already checked out Religious Observance they are a sludge/doom band from Melbourne.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah familiar with those guys from my days of obsessively searching out new sludge. Actually a pretty decent throwback sludge band, especially in the limpdick context of Australian sludge metal.

Finally got around to fleshing this list out tonight, there were a few things I needed to relisten to but now I'm happy with it. Not sure if anybody will have their own list for something this niche but oh well.

Top 10 Australian metal albums of 2017:

1. Incinerated - Lobotomise
2. Headless Death - A Hideous Warning
3. Diabolical Demon Director - Bound in Lucifer's Chains
4. Black Magick SS - Kaleidoscope Dreams
5. Contaminated - Final Man
6. Cemetery Urn - Cemetery Urn
7. Bloodlust - At the Devil's Left Hand
8. Impetuous Ritual - Blight Upon Martyred Sentience
9. Faceless Burial - Grotesque Miscreation
10. Decomposed Serenity - Digging Up Your Mother This Friday Night

Wow there has been about 4 pages of waffle since you did this list, doesn't time fly when you are having fun!!

I've managed to dwindle my list down to 14 for 2017. I'm going to give them another listen and then rank them, hopefully I'll get it done before the end of the school holidays.

Reactions: CiG
Oooh yeah. Psycroptic's new album is set to drop soon. All aboard the hype train! Can't wait to see them live again.

Black Magick SS are probably the only non-death metal/grind on my list. :lol:

Whereas mine has no death metal on it. TBH it's not because I hate death/grind, it's because I have been listening to a lot of other stuff in the last few months

I'm still trying to decide whether I want to buy it physically or digitally.

Edit: might even grab a vinyl copy, not sure yet but buying from their Bandcamp is insanely expensive because I guess it's distro'd from within Europe.