Church of Australian Metal

This isn't too bad. Bunbury thrash from about 10 years ago. MA says they are still active but they haven't released anything since 2008.

Reactions: CiG
I was just looking down a list of Aussie albums released in 2017 on MA and I might be able to get 10 albums, will need to listen to a few more again though.

It would be an easy list if you were a fan of a band called LSDOOM they had over 50 releases last year. (Apparently album a week via bandcamp now that I read their page.)

Thought it'd be appropriate to post this here. Got this in today. @CiG , @Slammed .

B6SOx11.jpg

pD8r2Ph.jpg

:err:

Nice. It's good to see some of the classics coming onto re-release.

Listing to Death's Head at the moment. They've got a few albums out. It's not bad but not sure if it's something I'll look into further.

Fucking awesome, Grandma is such a killer record. Kinda always reminded me of Killing Technology meets Cryptic Slaughter or something, but with a retarded sense of humour (which always appeals to me).

I've only heard the album briefly some time ago. But I'm listening to it right now and thoroughly enjoying it. Kicks ass! Also has to be one of the worst ( or possibly the best :err:)album covers.

Not 100% sure yet but this might have to make my 2017 list when I finally get around to it.

Edit: Not sure why the clip says 2016 for the album. MA says July 2017

Edit: Maybe the clip says it because their bandcamp page says it was released on Dec 23 2016. Since that is so close to Christmas I might have to say everyone shut down for two weeks and it didn't hit the shop until the first week of January :p

Often the digital version of the album comes out way earlier. Amount of times I was going to add an album to a 'best of' list only to find out it came out the year before on Bandcamp or some other digital album hosting site.

On any other year the album wouldn't make my top 10, but for Aussie only in 2017 it's not a bad bit of stoner.

I think the album builds towards the last few songs, I think the second song is the weakest, but there is definitely better stoner stuff out there.

Dethlahem from Perth sound ok on first listen. Their current album is available from their bandcamp page for nothing in a less refined format with an alternate track listing to the official release of this year. Good way to test some new thrash before you have to make a purchase if you like it.

I've never given much aussie stoner a go. I've been a fan of Kyuss for years and even liked most of the offshoots of Kyuss but until recently I don't think I could have named an Aussie stoner band, at least none that are around these days.

Pod People I only recently discovered and I would never have called Tumbleweed stoner but that was because I never liked them. We had them play a gig for us once in '93 and they were terrible,

Reactions: Satanstoenail