Church of Australian Metal

Ticket bought, fuck yea every Australian can be proud of these bands!

weird that humphries and o'grady died within a month of each other, i've always associated the two in my head 'cause they were the most omnipresent dudes dressing as women on tv when i was a kid.

Reactions: CiG

Not metal, more like hard rock with a lot of boogie, but I discovered Southern River Band the other day.
@Slammed are you familiar? They're from Thornlie which is like a 5 minute drive from me, basically the next suburb over.

Reactions: Slammed
That's not too bad, they'd probably rock a small venue/club.
Gotta love the neighbour who goes to the effort of dropping the broom to flip the double bird only to have to pick the broom up again and continue sweeping.

• Haha
That seems like a bit of a thing for Aussie bands. Airbourne have less fans here than overseas but over there they are playing festival after festival. Massive are bigger sellers on the Euro festival circuit than here. Mammoth Mammoth were also spending time o/s doing festivals. And of course Rose Tattoo who were once little more than an Aussie pub band now 40 years on festival mainstays across Europe.

I've never heard of them either, but I look down half the festival lists than this country has and I think the same thing about most of the names I see :)

• Haha
So true. Festival culture is a funny one. Whole subcultures of people who live for that shit, here and in Europe.

Go outside? What am I, not retarded?

Naming convention is interesting. Southern River Band is a name in the vein of Southeast Dessert Metal, expect if I was to see a band based on name I'd choose Southeast Dessert Metal purely because it at least tells me what to expect.

It's not only going outside, it's mingling with other people...eeww didn't covid teach us anything!!

Naming convention is interesting. Southern River Band is a name in the vein of Southeast Dessert Metal, expect if I was to see a band based on name I'd choose Southeast Dessert Metal purely because it at least tells me what to expect.
Southern River is just a reference to the area they're from, and I have a feeling it's also a nod to Little River Band lmao. Living "south of the river" over here isn't exactly something you'd brag about, so the name tells anybody familiar with Perth that the band are dodgy dirtbags.

Southeast Dessert (fuk you're speling) Metal is not that far different, they are from south east somewhere and there's a lot of sand and dirt around them :p

All cities have their areas like that but strangely enough all the people I know from Perth are south of the river and don't brag because they reckon it's the northerns that do that.

My outlaws are all south of the river, so they are all deadbeats and dirtbags!

True!

Speaking of dirtbaggery, Spectre just dropped a new track from their upcoming TAB-approved EP!

I wish Will would drop some new Wizar'd though.

That's not too bad.

I wish Will would drop some new Wizar'd though.

Someone better release some stuff, nearly half way through the year and I'm not sure my Aussie top 10 is look that flash yet.

• Haha