Church of Australian Metal

A friend of mine talks a bit about Amyl she's seen them a few times and always listens to their music,but I've never actually heard anything they've done.

I think they're fantastic. Very rare that hyped bands live up to it for me, although I did get into them slightly before they blew up. Their new album is front-to-back fucking awesome and very relatable lyrically.

They found a way to modernise pub rock that doesn't seem too tryhard or vintage/nostalgic.

Reactions: Slammed
I remember asking more than one security guy the same question and probably coming up with equally silly fucking excuses why I should be allowed it!!

Looks like two more albums I'm going to have to get now

Reactions: CiG
I remember asking more than one security guy the same question and probably coming up with equally silly fucking excuses why I should be allowed it!!

Looks like two more albums I'm going to have to get now
Let me inya pub!

Lmfao yeah they're great fun, nothing super deep just a lot of energy.

both reviews mention agalloch, boy oh boy am i stoked
I actually didn't mind what I heard. Cheers.

ezgif-5-60ef481501.gif

Yeah same. I'll have to dig the boxset out soon, such a classic.

The Chats put out a real corker this year too. Way better than their first one, which was cool but felt a bit like a gimmick stretched thin to reach a running length.

Reactions: Slammed
First of all @CiG Fuck you because you made doing my list harder than it needed to be by pointing out that I should have been listening to Amyl and the Sniffers. Every time I went to listen to something I thought I needed to hear Amy again first!!

Anyway here's my top 10, if anything else comes out before the new year then fuck em they should have got in earlier! :)

1. Motherslug – Blood Moon Blues
2. Apocalyptic Remnants – No Way Out
3. Flitcraft – Our Long Journey To The Middle
4. Remains – Grind Till Death
5. King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard – Omnium Gatherum
6. As Flesh Decays – Dead City Cathedral
7. Woe - Czernobog
8. Battlegrave – Cavernous Depth
9. Apocalyptic Remnants – Eaten Alive
10. Terraphobia – Rise

Nah, not sure if my tastes changed or if it's my moods but I've been listening to a wider range of shit this year. I still listen to quite a bit of non metal stuff but I started picking more around the outside of doom metal and blackened thrash/death. Probably still lean a bit more towards doom but I've got a few black-ish albums this year

It really depends what your mood is. Infest the Rats Nest is their take on thrash. Omnium Gatherum has been getting good reviews for being their best yet. Polygondawandaland is strange and psychedelic and in the middle sits all their other stuff. Each album is different to the last and really a mood thing. There are times when I really dislike them and times when they are just what I want to hear.

Infest the Rats Nest for some 80's metal worship
Fishing For Fishes if I want a more 60's feel
But overall their best is probably Nonagon Infinity

Sounds okay, I'll have to give it more of a listen when the rest of the house wakes up.